Thread: Ecological: The Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 02:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Davie definitely preferred plants to people and did, in fact, consider several of his mother's massive achievements in Herbology as something like siblings. But could Genny really complain about his being an only child? She was one too, basically! "Yeah," was all he said for now. Clearly huge; that could go without saying.

Wait, was she tuning him and his fun plant facts out already?! "Okay, I'll take a drink," he agreed, just because it might make him less nervous and more inclined to talk about something besides plants all evening. His eyes wandered around, and thank Merlin for contacts (or not) because he noticed more than one familiar person here. "For the love of Dumbledore's lemon drops," Davie swore lightly under his breath. "My cousin works here now?!" Or second cousin, or whatever relation he was? Great. Fantastic. That bushy-beared bro had BETTER not be in the same department as him.... which, speaking of Flamsteed....

"Admiral Airey!" Davie did smile a little at the sight of him, though he also didn't approach him just yet. "Seems like he's as popular as ever. He's my new boss, did you know?" He was proud of this; proud to be working with the former Astronomy professor. Oh! Oh! Genny was leaning into him now and Davie was turning the same color as the leaves of the titan arum. "Th-thank you," he mumbled, too embarrassed now to think about what she meant by today. Did he smell worse on other days?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
David Truebridge.

Her Beauty and the Brains partner was here, at the ministry? Was he new, too? He looked as awkward as she would think he would, but he was with a girl....she wondered if it were his date. Well, fat chance it was an actual date. The poor bloke had nearly choked when she asked him for drinks once they had finished their gameshow debut, but she demurely glided over towards the man.

"David....how lovely to see you. Are you..did you just start here as well?" she asked with a wicked glint to her eye. She also held out her hand for the woman with him [Genny]. "Hi. Jessica Tomás. Foreign Relations Officer. Lovely to meet you as well. David and I go waaaaay back. A whole...four months," she teased, hoping to get a rise from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Not seeing anyone from her department in immediate vicinity, Chloe instead headed toward a cluster of familiar faces in time to overhear the woman telling the other woman about her and David. "Jessica! David! I didn't know you two were coming to work at the Ministry!" Ah this was going to be a great new year, Chloe could just feel it. "And Jessica and I go back a whole day further than that," she grinned, before realizing she ought to introduce herself to the woman (Genny) she didn't know yet. "Chloe Adara. Master Portkey General."
Genny was grabbing two sparkling drinks for them when David had a small meltdown over his..."Cousin? Where?" She handed one glass to Davie and followed his eyes line to see a heavily bearded guy. He looked quite old. Since when did Davie have older cousins? Eh. She didn't have time to reply to that, because Airey was Davie's new boss? Genny grinned, "Oh you'll have fun! He's the best. I kind of envy you right now." Granted she didn't have a boss per se, so that could be even better, but their coach could be mean sometimes. Also, she noticed the blushing, he was cute, just like Sam, they both blushed easily. It made her like the teasing.

... hmm? Genny's eyes sparkled at the sight of not one, but two, women approaching them--Davie. WELL WELL WELL. Genny shook Jessica's hand happily with the hand that wasn't holding the drink. "Oh, very nice to meet you. Genny Tate. Davie's friend." She confessed immediately, not wanting to block any chances he had tonight. She could add she went with Davie WAY BACK to when they both had diapers but Genny actually didn't want to score one over Jessica. She thought Jessica was cute! And funny! The woman attempted to tease which in Genny's book was a good quality in women.

Chloe was cute, too, actually. Genny nodded smiling, "Genny Tate, I play for the Holyhead Harpies. Davie here generously agreed to take me on a ministry opening!" She batted her eyelashes at him, placing a gentle hand on his back before taking a sip from her drink. Mkay. "How come y'all met four months ago?" Was this a joke? A serious timeline? Genny wasn't really the smartest cookie in the box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Eureka’s voice pulled his attention back. ”Was it blooming?” he asked about the one she had seen before. ”I heard they can be quite potent.” He noticed the nervous tick as she tucked hair behind her, but continued talking anyways. His own nerves were starting to settle, although he was still uncomfortable being around so many plants. Thankfully, making small talk was rather soothing, not to mention his bread and butter. ”Well, welcome back Ms. Eureka. Do you have a specialty that you research?" He offered a hand for her to shake. ”Conley, International Magical Cooperation.” He motioned to Sachin. "May I introduce Ambassador Singh.” While they chatted, another young lady (Grae) had joined them. He waited to see what Eureka had to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post

Ah, a herbologist! "Welcome back," Grae chimed in, giving the woman a friendly smile. She wondered how long it had been since she worked here. The girl didn't look familiar, but maybe they had run into each other during Grae's first year at some point? "So you probably know all about this plant then." She gestured grandly to the odd-looking centerpiece in front of them. "Anything special about it?" There was most definitely something special about it, or else they wouldn't be having the annual party in the greenhouses. She was sure that the DERP had something exciting up their sleeves. Grae wondered what it was.
"No, thankfully it wasn't," she chuckled, answering his question about the one she saw back in Norway. Did he know that it was the most awful smell of all 'flowers'? He seemed to be knowledgeable in that regard. "Let's just say I would not be standing here close to it when it blooms," her smile came out more relaxed now. "Nice to speak to you," she answered to his introduction before slightly nodding at the ambassador next to them. "And you, ma'am." They seem to be of higher importance in the position ranks. "Uhm, I specialized in medical hybrid herbology when I did my degree in Oslo WU, I am quite open in what I am needed in the research department."

... hmm? Eureka turned to the new woman who joined them. "Thank you." She called her a herbologist which inexplicably made Eurie slightly blush, "I know a little, yeah," she answered humbly. "It remains in blooms for approximately twelve hours, females remain open longer." And to keep their distance as humans because wowyyyy the smell was going to ruin everyone's appetite for food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Settling near two others whom she did not know (Luther and Kiko), she smiled warmly. She nodded, having caught Kikos' exclamation of awe just as she had stopped. "I am sure it will be even more beautiful once it blooms." It looked just about ready to do so as well.
Oh, so the girl wasn't asking him a question, because another woman joined the conversation. "Oh, the flower? I don't know if I still find giant flowers beautiful after.. ya know.. a few years ago." He chuckled lightly and tsked a little. Anyway, though. "I was just going to grab a drink, do you ladies need some too?" He could bring them some on his way.