Thread: Ecological: The Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 03:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default kinda did no quotes, just tried to bold mentions :D
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Ah, Victoria! Fletcher grinned at her and nodded in faux humble appreciation. "Thank you... You know, I think babysitting your kneazle really made me look like the right choice for the job..." Besides the obvious fact that a junior undersecretary SHOULD be promoted to senior. Heh. His brown eyes were twinkling as he looked around at who to talk to next, besides Jessa of course. He caught the nod from the new Healer, River, and nodded back.

And speaking of junior undersecretaries... there was his new BFF Jonathan now. "Thank you!!!" Fletcher laughed easily and accepted the drink with his free hand, toasting to Jonathan before he took a sip. "Congrats to you too, of course. I think we have a great team on Level One." And with three dudes in charge and one lady secretary to rein them all in, what could go wrong?

He was still all smiles as they wandered in further, his good mood only faltering slightly when Jessa said no food yet. SIGH. Did everyone notice his beautiful new wife, by the way? Did they? Did they? Oh hey, "Conley, how are ya," he greeted the head of International Cooperation as he breezed past him. Seemed like the other man's mood wasn't cooperating at the moment, but at least he had a... friend? with him? Huh.

Then they passed the Mysteries head, who was already causing a stir with some plants. "SOME people just NEVER learn to look and NOT touch," Fletcher tsk tsk'd to the wifey with a wink at her lovely face. Obviously 'looking not touching' did not include him; he was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Genny always forgets how Davie basically grew up with plants as siblings instead of real flesh and blood ones. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes when he ridiculed her VERY PLAUSIBLE critique of the venue choice. "Right. I knew that." Sumatra? What? "It is a large flower, I'll give it that." And a very cool idea for a ministry opening party. She was pleased.

Where were the drinks?

Oh, he wasn't finished with the plants' conversation. Genny, not wanting to be mean to Davie on his first day at a real job, smiled politely and nodded. His mother owning a flower like this made perfect sense, to be honest, but she was not about to comment on it today. "Fascinating. Do you want a drink?" Someone yelped from--the astronomy professor at school! Oh wow. Genny grinned at the blonde man, remembering him from school for sure. Either because he taught her or because his face was found around in photographs in journals and stuff rper can't remmeber. "Oh Merlin, look, it's professor Flamsteed. Bless him, we'll definitely have a good party if he's around," she giggled having leaned in towards David while she said that to avoid any eavesdroppers. He smelled good! "You smell nice today," she trolled with the same grin she gave Flamsteed earlier. That totally didn't count as being mean!!!!!
Davie definitely preferred plants to people and did, in fact, consider several of his mother's massive achievements in Herbology as something like siblings. But could Genny really complain about his being an only child? She was one too, basically! "Yeah," was all he said for now. Clearly huge; that could go without saying.

Wait, was she tuning him and his fun plant facts out already?! "Okay, I'll take a drink," he agreed, just because it might make him less nervous and more inclined to talk about something besides plants all evening. His eyes wandered around, and thank Merlin for contacts (or not) because he noticed more than one familiar person here. "For the love of Dumbledore's lemon drops," Davie swore lightly under his breath. "My cousin works here now?!" Or second cousin, or whatever relation he was? Great. Fantastic. That bushy-beared bro had BETTER not be in the same department as him.... which, speaking of Flamsteed....

"Admiral Airey!" Davie did smile a little at the sight of him, though he also didn't approach him just yet. "Seems like he's as popular as ever. He's my new boss, did you know?" He was proud of this; proud to be working with the former Astronomy professor. Oh! Oh! Genny was leaning into him now and Davie was turning the same color as the leaves of the titan arum. "Th-thank you," he mumbled, too embarrassed now to think about what she meant by today. Did he smell worse on other days?!?

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind