Thread: Ecological: The Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 08:34 AM   #41 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Default *rolls all 4 of them out* XD
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Davie dutifully followed Genny, feeling nervous as heck but not wanting to really miss anything at his FIRST big event for his FIRST real job. Plus, the event was being held in the greenhouses, which were always a second home for him, even if he wasn't going to be working on this floor. He wasn't sure about this gathering or what to do with his hands at first, but then his blue eyes caught sight of the nearly in bloom titan arum in the center of the room.

"Gennnnnny," he breathed, already geeking out just at first glance of the plant. "They couldn't house one of those in the park. They're native to Sumatra; large, tropical plants, they only bloom once every ten or so years." He had to calm himself and made a movement to fidget with glasses before he realized they weren't there on his face.

Oh. That's right. He'd been strongly discouraged from wearing them this evening. He decided to fidget instead with his shirtsleeves, rolling them up as it was rather warm in here. He wasn't sure if he was pulling Genny closer to the titan arum or if she was the one doing the pulling, but he, too, wanted a closer look. "Did you know my mum had one of these once, at Hogwarts?" Here came the fun facts, Geneva Tate; brace yourself. "It was before I was born, but apparently it was a sight---and smell---to behold." And of course, Anastasia Truebridge still mentioned it from time to time; not just anyone could grow a corpse flower, after all.
Genny always forgets how Davie basically grew up with plants as siblings instead of real flesh and blood ones. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes when he ridiculed her VERY PLAUSIBLE critique of the venue choice. "Right. I knew that." Sumatra? What? "It is a large flower, I'll give it that." And a very cool idea for a ministry opening party. She was pleased.

Where were the drinks?

Oh, he wasn't finished with the plants' conversation. Genny, not wanting to be mean to Davie on his first day at a real job, smiled politely and nodded. His mother owning a flower like this made perfect sense, to be honest, but she was not about to comment on it today. "Fascinating. Do you want a drink?" Someone yelped from--the astronomy professor at school! Oh wow. Genny grinned at the blonde man, remembering him from school for sure. Either because he taught her or because his face was found around in photographs in journals and stuff rper can't remmeber. "Oh Merlin, look, it's professor Flamsteed. Bless him, we'll definitely have a good party if he's around," she giggled having leaned in towards David while she said that to avoid any eavesdroppers. He smelled good! "You smell nice today," she trolled with the same grin she gave Flamsteed earlier. That totally didn't count as being mean!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Fletcher was proud of himself for helping to plan this thing, ya know? He'd had an exhausting December, between the promotion and the hiring new people and the wedding and everything else, but his last two weeks, spent just with his bride, had been the absolute best two weeks. Maybe even the best of all of 2101. So he was all smiles now as he walked hand in hand with her into the greenhouse to ring in the new year.

The place looked great, smelled great, and was pleasantly warm; and yet, Fletcher only had eyes for his usual favorite person AND place. "Wanna check out the food table?" he asked as he gave Jessa's hand a squeeze.
Jessa tried her best not to be over the top with her white dress and black headdress. It was so hard when you're a former dramatic arts enthusiast and professional. It was very important that people here understood that they were now a married couple. She didn't know why it was important, but it was!

Anyway.

Jessa had a smile on while she held on to her husband's hand. "I don't think we can just yet," she said quickly when Victoria approached them. Oh yeah, Fletcher also got a huge job promotion. Jessa didn't forget, this wasn't the priority for her right now. She smiled at Victoria, anyway, having known the head of Sports briefly through Fletcher. Actually, she smiled and nodded at all the others who approached. She wasn't familiar with the last gentleman who called Fletcher boss (Jonathan) but her smile widened at that.

Her eyes moved to Fletcher's face taking in his handsome cute face and feeling the proudest she ever felt since Dunk took his first step six years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Oh! he could tell that Sachin was pleased about being right. Conley merely gave him a look that implied that he wasn’t amused, but truthfully he didn’t mind being wrong. Still, he could see that Sachin could sense his nerves. ”I make it a point to avoid greenhouses. Have I ever told you about my experience with a chomping cabbage in school?” No, he probably hadn’t. It was a story that made Conley look incompetent and almost lost him a few fingers. Stupid cabbages.

As they passed Victoria and Fletcher Conley gave a wave of acknowledgement as they both seemed to engaged. He wasn’t sure why he let the orientation get to him so much, but something about these events just needled him. ”Have you ever seen one of these before?” he asked as they moved closer to the flower. The question was open to both Sachin and the young lady (Eureka) who was standing there looking at the big flower. It had to be at least 10 feet tall, if not taller.
Eureka wasn't paying attention to the growing crowd around her just yet. Her eyes were busy taking the majestic plant in front of her. This has got to be the best ministry opening she ever came to. She turned gently to her right when a couple seemed to come closer to the centrepiece as well.

"Me?" That was stupid, he was looking at her so he must be talking to her. "Yeah. Not here, though. I came across a herbologist in Norway who kept one in his greenhouse." She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear nervously. "I'm Eureka, by the way. I just came back to DERP this year again as a researcher." Should she stick her hand out to shake?? Very nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhm View Post
UGH. How did she talk herself into this?

Kiko hates being in crowds but since this was a ministry gathering she knew it would be best (as an adult) for her to mingle and share Christmas stories to other adults. Taking a deep breath and composing herself before stepping inside the place her eyes wandered around the area.

Did she know anyone? Perhaps, not. Mingling wasn't something she's best at, she was a shy person and often really quiet. She opted standing near the wall like she usually does and tried her best to smile at the others when they meet eyes.

Kiko made her way towards the refreshments, drinks would calm her down and maybe stare at that large flower with its ridiculous sign that says not to touch it. "Looks, cool" she said under her breath, staring at the centerpiece flower.

Luther walked into the greenhouses not knowing what to expect from a ministry opening party. His first impression was an uptight people crammed in a space forced to network and exchange niceties. He wasn't wrong... for like five seconds before his new head of the department was seen get electrocuted or something?? That got a small lopsided smile out of the twenty-five-year-old.

Oh, look, there was David with a date, too. Luther briefly squinted at the couple thinking he knew that girl from somewhere. He definitely was not going to say hi when he joined a party solo while his cousin was there flaunting his charm with a brooding look.

He decided to go grab a drink for himself when he passed by a lady in a navy suit muttering something to herself. "Sorry?" Did she say something to him? Probably not since they didn't know each other? But if she did, it was rude to ignore it, so he better check.