Thread: Ecological: The Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 07:04 AM   #30 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default "hi pls" to Laila annnnnnnnd anyone else ? ? ? :3
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Genny had been to the ministry before with Sam multiple times but he never showed her the greenhouses. So this was sort of new. After handing over their coats at the entrance, Genny led Davie inside the greenhouses. "It's kind of weird why they didn't have this at the park instead of among plants they're growing," she commented lightly, smiling widely. "But I guess the weather is not their friend this time of year." She didn't care where the party was really. This was going to be a relaxing night where she got to know Davie's new workplace and potential suitors dates.

Her eyes caught the food tables first, then the drinks then the--"Wow. Oh I'm so happy I came." The flower! She was pulled towards it, just to look and not touch. But yeah, wow. Sam was missing a lot by being a sour spirit.
Davie dutifully followed Genny, feeling nervous as heck but not wanting to really miss anything at his FIRST big event for his FIRST real job. Plus, the event was being held in the greenhouses, which were always a second home for him, even if he wasn't going to be working on this floor. He wasn't sure about this gathering or what to do with his hands at first, but then his blue eyes caught sight of the nearly in bloom titan arum in the center of the room.

"Gennnnnny," he breathed, already geeking out just at first glance of the plant. "They couldn't house one of those in the park. They're native to Sumatra; large, tropical plants, they only bloom once every ten or so years." He had to calm himself and made a movement to fidget with glasses before he realized they weren't there on his face.

Oh. That's right. He'd been strongly discouraged from wearing them this evening. He decided to fidget instead with his shirtsleeves, rolling them up as it was rather warm in here. He wasn't sure if he was pulling Genny closer to the titan arum or if she was the one doing the pulling, but he, too, wanted a closer look. "Did you know my mum had one of these once, at Hogwarts?" Here came the fun facts, Geneva Tate; brace yourself. "It was before I was born, but apparently it was a sight---and smell---to behold." And of course, Anastasia Truebridge still mentioned it from time to time; not just anyone could grow a corpse flower, after all.

☆ ☆ ☆

Fletcher was proud of himself for helping to plan this thing, ya know? He'd had an exhausting December, between the promotion and the hiring new people and the wedding and everything else, but his last two weeks, spent just with his bride, had been the absolute best two weeks. Maybe even the best of all of 2101. So he was all smiles now as he walked hand in hand with her into the greenhouse to ring in the new year.

The place looked great, smelled great, and was pleasantly warm; and yet, Fletcher only had eyes for his usual favorite person AND place. "Wanna check out the food table?" he asked as he gave Jessa's hand a squeeze.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind