Thread: Study Hall
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 01:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist.Prime View Post

Had he scared her? She couldn’t quite remember, still, she just put a kind smile on her face as she looked over at the ... translucent person. “Its fine, I wouldn’t...I don’t remember honestly,” she shrugged her shoulder and grinned at him. Truly, the ghosting of the entire school was bewildering at best...and frightening. Couldn’t forget that one.

Right homework. “Yeah I think it was homework...or a long term project” she shrugged her shoulder and gave him a kind smile. “I was debating making name tags for everyone incase they forgot their own names” she admitted with a shrug of her shoulder.

She pointed to the doll sitting there, leaning as if it were studying. Taking the polaroid from her camera she gave it a little shake before looking down at the photo as it developed. “Does this look okay do you think?” she asked as she showed the Newt polaroid toward Ewan....oh EWAN, she knew an Ewan from classes. Groaning she just shook her head and laughed. “I knew you, I thought you were funny in Muggle Studies” she remembered and shook her head, “I’m Islay...like the Island” she added clarifying how it was pronounced while giving him a kind smile.

Clearly, he wasn’t the only one having memory problems there days so the look on his face was nothing but understanding. ”I know what you mean. I spend most of my time these days with a headache just from trying to remember what I’ve spent the day doing” and as if to prove a point, he massaged his temple to try and ease the gentle throbbing that had been plaguing him for the last few days. As for the whole ghosting situation, he really didn’t know what to think about it. He felt like he should be more worried than he actually was but trying to find the energy to actually worry about it was the issue. He was and quite honestly, he just didn’t have time. L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

He was about to make a remark about the homework when she distracted him with the whole name forgetting situation. ”Uhh…what? People have actually been forgetting names? I thought it was just sort of…short term?”, the crease on his forehead slightly deeper than it had previously been. No one had to him that it also affected his long-term memory too! ”Islay…yeah…”, his reply quiet as he considered all of the things and people he could possibly be forgetting at this very moment! Should he be writing everything down just in case he ends up forgetting everything?! What if he woke up one day not recognising Hogwarts!!! He wasn’t sure what was worse about that idea, forgetting the magic world he’d grown to love and reply on or thinking his father was still alive. Both seemed just as horrifying as the other and neither were really practical.

Was he starting to panic a little? Sure, you could say that but he did his best not to show this to Islay. ”Oh…thanks. I mean, yeah, I’m glad you did. Yeah…”. Maybe he would have complemented her memes if he was in his right mind but right now, all he could do was visualise various disastrous scenarios. Talk about being dramatic.