View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 01:48 AM   #50 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that second one ern, OMG *drooling* it's so pretty and I love how the inking really helped those colors and shapes pop while also making the blossom bits look softer
I agree. It's a nice juxtaposition. Every time I've combined ink and watercolor, I've liked the effect.

Lesson 13: I literally forgot to name this lesson wow

SPOILER!!: okay, i know you're tired of watercolors now

I'm still on this watercolor bent, unfortunately (fortunately?) so you have to suffer through another tutorial of the day. I put these two together just because I think it's really cool how watercolor interacts with different products and how different painting methods can give you totally interest effects.

In the first, the effect was supposed to look like those agate slices, although I apparently also made a geode avocado. I added salt to give it that textured effect around the center. Salt is SUPER COOL with watercolor.

For the second, the leafy goodness of the trees is made with crumpled wax paper in watercolor. It's a cool effect - I've also seen tutorials that use crumpled tissue, so I'd be interested to see the difference between wax paper, parchment paper, tissue, etc.

ANYWAY. Hi. I love you guys.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest

Last edited by Cassirin; 06-14-2020 at 01:16 AM.
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote