View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 01:32 AM   #48 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
ERN OMG i lOVE watercoloring is so HARD how do you get it to not be all runny I-- also the first one looks like a magical space moon stone i wish my eyeballs looked like that iridescent orb
Yes, it is REALLY HARD, you're right. And the first one IS a magical space moon stone, or actually it's a galaxy. I'd like to try this design again with a specific constellation in mind.

And also, it is definitely all runny and then you let it dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Ern-la, you CAN do this art form. YOU ARE DOING IT. Remove can't from your vocabulary, please. You are amazing. And I'm obsessed with those trees. Seriously, Bob Ross would be proud. I keep looking at how they slowly disappear, like we're in a fog in Seattle.

If I remove can't from my vocabulary, then I won't be able to say 'I'm sorry, I can't come to your party because I'm social distancing' and I'll have to go to the parties.

I learned how to do a 'wash' with those trees. Call me Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
I LOVE your ~galaxy~ orb so much. I am absolutely awful with watercolors so I think this is really great that you're watching tutorials and picking up tips and tricks. Can't wait to see more!
I just mostly keep learning that, in spite what they say about how any brushes or any palettes will do, it really really matters! I'm talking myself up to buying some 'watercolor brushes', even if they are cheap ones.

---

Lesson 12: These are the not the brushes you're looking for

SPOILER!!: more watercolor heeeey

There are a TON of tutorials out there that teach different ways to paint flowers, and I want to learn them ALL. So expect to see flowers until your eyes cross, ok? These were two different tutorials - the first was just learning some different brush stroke flower techniques, so you can see what some options are. Assuming I just really want to paint more flowers for the rest of my life.

And the second was a mixed media adventure, where you paint the flowers, add the leaves and stems with ink, and then go back and paint the leaves. I kind of love how this turned out. I think it would be a really pretty homemade card or something.

Send me tutorials and I will bumble through them!

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote