View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 05:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Star-Lord

DMGS & DMT
Mooncalf

x2
★ wannabe historian ★ Baekry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

Honestly, Cassius didn't mind Bells being late. He had never been that stuffy about it to begin with, but he knew she had a kid. It was just one, right? HE ruffled his hair as he tried to remember, and he KNEW it was something he should remember. Merlin. But it wasn't long before Miss Arabella had arrived, and Cassius smiled and kissed her cheek. "Hey...no problem. It's okay. I get it. I don't mind people watching for a bit." He chuckled and held the door open for her as they stepped inside.

And it was like stepping into the past for him. When he was sixteen...at Hogwarts still....when he was in love with Adelaine Thornton...and Paige was still his very closest friend. He wished he could have warned that self about the future. Whatever you do...just don't get involved with Paige...don't make it romantic...stay platonic, mate... is what he would have said.

...Could he get a time turner, please???

He pushed the nagging nostalgia to back of his mind as he glanced around. He knew he'd get a couple of looks from people shopping - he HAD played for the Falcons for many years before transferring to France, and then later to Canada. But he was glad his fame was not as much as it had been before - that pregnancy fake rumor? It was all past him....the time he had almost been POISONED by a crazed fan? Merlin. He was glad to have a little privacy back...even if it was just a bit. Kids and fathers alike still asked him for his photo and autograph....he just hoped today he could not have to deal with that.

And that's when he realized... "Wait...Bells..this is the wrong shop!" He laughed a bit. "I told you the name of the wrong shop! I meant the QUIDDITCH shop!" He rubbed the bridge of his nose and laughed. "Oh Merlin, I'm bloody stupid!" He could HEAR Cox making fun of him now.
At least he was understanding. She had been on a few dates where the guy would get upset she'd be a little late because she had to do motherhood things. She didn't bother sticking around to find out how the dates would've gone after that. Arabella was sure they found someone else to occupy their time.

Stepping into the shop, her green eyes darted around at the familiar setting and how everything had hardly been changed. She remembered that time her dad came with her and bought her the most expensive telescope they had. That was back in her days when she was obsessed with astronomy. But then again, Bells did name her bakery Constellations. Walking over the the telescopes, she looked them over, considering maybe giving one to Seren, or exploding snaps. Her child had very different interests as she did as a little girl. Bells was always into fashion and quidditch; the two hardly went together.

She knew they weren't in the quidditch shop, but didn't want to correct Cassius on it. Arabella simply smiled at him and laughed a little. "You're not stupid. We can always head to the quidditch shop; it's a few doors down. But I guess this date will be a little extended,"

Trust me, you don't want it with the female Scarface;