Thread: Portfolio: a pinch of salt
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 11:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

it's complicated

inspiration Hogwarts SSRPG characters Eiji Rasting (myself), Missa Renaldi (Samia), & Trinetta Gladin (Lissy Longbottom)
materials Adobe Photoshop Elements 9

I made this back in September 2019 and it never really saw the light of day save for private shares between Sammy and Lissy, but the whole thing started when Sammy sent me the original picture of Missa's FC (Stella Hudgens) and my eye instantly went to the other two people in the picture and I mused about how easy it would be to manip it. I was...mostly right but a fair bit incorrect in my assumption This trio have been a complicated mess of teenager pretty much their entire time at Hogwarts together and this manip was going to be a Polaroid from a RP we theorized about...but then Hogwarts angst and drama happened and it never came into fruition. As, you know, the RP do.

What made this manip so hard was remarkably not color matching the different tones from the pictures I used, but in giving Eiji and Nettie's heads the grainy downgrade to match the quality of the original. I think what I ended up doing was a Gaussian blur layer set to lighten on each of their heads and then duplicated the base head layer and then rendered a grain texture to that and set that to a soft light over the original head...and then played with transparency levels for each until I got something that blended in best.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote