View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 01:39 AM   #59 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Of course there was poo in his hair. Fletcher had just been lying prone on the floor of the owlery, essentially. He groaned again; he couldn't even run a hand through his hair to check it and that was one of his essential moves.

Fletcher sighed and accepted his newspaper back, glancing down at it in disappointment. "Yeah, my desk burned down from a flaming memo right before we closed.... I was hoping I'd come back to a new one..." but if the owl poo was any indication, it seemed like they'd just replaced one problem with another. So.

He looked up at his name? "Yes?" Was that a Fletcher of recognition or one of accusation, or...? His eyes searched the other man for a moment as he tried to place him. He wasn't sure why, but besides the Auror vibes, he was getting a strong sense of a Gryffindor presence... "Did we go to school together?"
Simon had a thought and padded his interior pockets in search of assistance, finally coming up with a handkerchief. The least he could do at the moment until his companion decided to take care of the entirety of his condition. As the other man broke off, he got the gist of the thoughts on which he was going. “Well maybe a new desk is easier to acquire and seemingly more important.” Maybe. One could only hope Simon supposed although it could be false hope in the end. The Ministry of Magic could be pretty unpredictable in a lot of matters.

Now that reaction confirmed he got the name right even before the older man confirmed it, and not because of his auror training. “I think so…” he answered, trying to pull up info on this particular Fletcher. “If you’re a certain Hufflepuff former Tri-Wizard winner. And then I’d have been…two years behind you,” the security man mused, adding “Gryffindor,” at the end in case Fletcher cared.