View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 09:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

While the students did their stretches, Malachi did a few stretches of his own. He would be participating in a duel later with one lucky student--ha...ha....lucky--and thought it wouldn't hurt to get himself feeling a little more loose. If nothing else could be said about his students, they were still in their prime. Still rather...spritely and likely to hop around in in circles. Perhaps he should've done some full on workouts in the weeks before.

Too late for that now.

At the end of the stretches, it was time for a bit of more...practical exercise.

"Before we break into the inevitable, I'd like us to get into pairs. If, when the dust clears, you don't have a pair, I'd be happy to step in." But he'd be just as quick to point out open students should anyone decide to forgo the search in favour of simply working with him. That was for certain, a last resort.

"Once you've grabbed yourself a partner, we can move to the next step. " And a pause to give them enough time to find an opponent. "As was mentioned, there are a few ways to end a duel. I'll take this time to also remind you that a duel to the death is never permitted at Hogwarts. It's so not permitted that it's even less permitted than unauthorized duelling. Unauthorized duelling, as was mentioned in previous lessons," because he'd been sure to hammer it home whenever he could, "is very very VERY prohibited. As in, if Godric Gryffindor walks up to you and pitches the idea of the "greatest duel ever seen" you quote the rule books at him prohibited." Was he eyeing a certain two? Maybe.

"In this evening's duels, disarming your opponent will be enough to end the duel. So that's what we'll do now. There won't be any dummies, you'll have each other to work with. For this, you'll need both "expelliarmus" and "protego". You don't need to wait or take turns. Treat it as a proper but limited duel." Warm up, for now.

"Right, let's get moving."

OOC: Moving away from the usual format here, as you all may have already noticed. It's time for the mini activity! Partner up and try to disarm your partner while keeping your wand. Your charries can only use the disarming and protection charms. You'll have 48-72 hrs to get this done. Have fun! As a side note, please don't post an "open" post below someone who has posted one. Grab the open post instead of adding to the number of open ones. We're all here to have a good time, yeah? And it makes it easier for me to see who's the odd cookie out. Let's work together ^^

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.