View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 05:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
BanabatGirl- Your goodreads review was amazing and I just adored reading it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
Roro: I loved your goodreads review! It's perfect and I wholeheartedly agree!
You guys are too sweet Thanks for reading it <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by natekka View Post
Hello, hello, hello! It's time to discuss The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society more, with any and ALL THE SPOILERS! So, if you haven't yet finished reading, you might want to avoid this thread until you have.

I want to start with a few simple questions:
Right, onto the discussion!
  1. What were your favourite quotes from this book, if you had any? I didn't have any! I thought this was not a super quotable book, because of the epistolary format. There wasn't really even a lot of "dialogue," persay.

2. What did you think of the format, with the novel being composed entirely of letters? What do letters offer that no other form of writing (not even emails) can convey? Yes! Usually when I see mixed genres in a book, it's just at the start, and then a traditional narration-dialogue-etc. format takes over. So at first, I kept reading and waiting for the actual book to start, and then finally realized... this was the whole book! But I enjoyed it.

3. And which of the members of the Society (or characters in general) was your favourite? I know Juliet definitely has those Mary Sue qualities, but I like her. She has a tempter, too, but it's justified. She really did remind me of a character from Little Women. I like Dawsey, even though I would have liked to hear from him more. And then, probably, the big brother/editor Sidney, and Isola. I like all of them. I also found some of their backstories hilarious, like I think it's Eben, who pretended to be the owner of the big house?

4. My only complaint is that the plot was not that... plotty. Elizabeth's outcome was predictable, I thought, but I wonder if I would have felt differently if I hadn't seen the movie first?

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote