View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 04:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

I’m not one who over analyses anything and I’ve never really been part of a book club before but here we go…

I did enjoy it but I just kind of felt it was lacking a little something. The ending wasn’t exactly a surprise but at the same time, I kind of found my self wanting that to happen so I guess I shouldn’t complain.
It did take me a while to get into the letter style format of things, having only read ‘The Perks of being a Wallflower’ which is a little similar to the letter style in that he writes in a diary so that didn’t throw me off too much when I eventually got into the book.

I really enjoyed learning about WWI and WWII in school so it really was that that kept my interest in this book because I’d honestly never considered what happened to the Chanel Islands in both wars because they don’t generally teach you about it in school. Maybe I’ll have to when this topic comes up in my class now?

I wouldn't have read this book though if it hadn't been for the book seekers though so I am glad I joined! I've already purchased next months book!
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote