Thread: Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 09:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *snags* Hello!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
With a bit of free time on his hands, Rowan decided to explore the grounds of Hogwarts. He had heard much about its beauty, and he had only gotten to see just a glimpse on his way in the other night. And so, with a cozy sweater and his white kitten on his shoulder (merlin, he still was struggling with a name), he was off to stumble upon wherever his feet decided to take him.

The crisp fall wind whipped around him, and he pulled the kitten off his shoulder and held her close to his chest, removing his scarf to wrap it around her tiny body (y'know, in case she was cold). Such a small baby.

As he walked with the kitten cradled in his arms, he found himself at the Great Lake. It was breathtaking with the autumn leaves blowing about and the colors starting to change. The boy couldn't help but smile as he sat down to take in the sights of the lake, the white kitten curled up in his lap, somehow asleep.
It was such a beautiful day that even Heath couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend some time outside. He wandered the grounds, his cat Rey bounding along at his side, until he came to the great lake. He stood still for several moments, just taking in the beauty of the water, until a high-pitched meep jerked him out of his thoughts. He looked down to find Rey pawing at his trouser leg. He laughed, knowing immediately what she wanted.

He pulled a small plastic ball out of his pocket and tossed it, watching as Rey sped after it. The little gray cat batted the ball around for a while, then picked it up in her mouth and brought it back. Heath smiled as Rey dropped the ball at his feet, looking up at him with an inquisitive mrp? Heath cleared his throat and said in a deep voice, "What you brought me today is, hmm, worth one quarter portion." And by quarter portion, he meant a couple of cat treats.

Heath watched as Rey gobbled up her snack. When she was done, he tossed the ball again, but this time Rey didn't run after it. Instead she darted in the opposite direction. Heath blinked confusedly. What?! Where was she going? "Rey!" he called, running after the gray cat. "Come back!"

He found Rey staring at another boy who looked about his own age. She looked up at the other boy with a meep before flopping onto her back in front of him. "There you are!" Heath said, stopping short of running into the other boy. "Don't go running off like-"

It was only then that he noticed he wasn't alone, and his voice trailed off. He flushed with embarrassment, nervously running a hand through his long dark hair. "i, uh..." His mind had gone blank, just like it always did when he tried to talk to someone he didn't know. What was he saying? Oh, yeah. Apologizing, right. "Sorry... is she bothering you?"

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...