View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 02:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
William staunchly ignored the girl who was presumably laughing at him. Why didn't anyone take him seriously? This was the story of his life, honestly. It had been true when he'd worked at Hogwarts, at the Ministry, heck, even around his old cruppy, Jack, who had never listened to any of his commands.

RIP to Jack.

Now the girl was smiling at him but all he could think of was his old crup, who'd once been his adorable cruppy, laying sadly on his side in his basket, having passed in his sleep. Sweet crup. It brought a tear to his eye to think of him, even though he'd passed a year ago. William cleared his throat and waved her, and his sudden sadness, away with his ugly, scarred hand. "It's fine." Maybe he should get a new pet, besides a dragon? A year was a long time to go without a companion. He eyed her owl. "I mean, any owl is useful." Had he been too harsh? "Depends where you want it go. What's wrong with useful AND cute, I say?"

If only he'd been useful and cute with his life, he wouldn't be here on a Thursday, shopping alone for owl pellets. Oh look! A toy. What a welcome distraction. Did owls really need toys? William picked up the mouse anyway and squeaked it at the pygmy owl, to see if it would react.
He looked so sad, and it probably wasn't about the tiny little owl. Cute as it was. Chloe grinned when the owl grabbed for the toy and gave it a shake, seemingly quite pleased by the offered toy. But... was he going to pay for that? Because she couldn't afford the toy AND the owl, let alone... the owl.

"My family is mostly local, and so is Derf's, so it doesn't need to go any great distances," Chloe gave the pygmy a little scritchy scratch over its tufted eyebrow. A gift. For Derf. He'd love it. They both would. "I think I'll get him. He's very well behaved, and he'll have a whole forest of trees to enjoy." She gave the sad man a sideways look. "Are you okay?"

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest