Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #43 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Zita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
An hour....

She looked at her watch, where would she be in an hour? She was hoping asleep and the thought of sleep made her yawn. She really should do that at some point. For now, the sandwich was hitting the spot more than she wanted to admit. It was really good. "Did you buy this here or bring it from another cafe?" Was there something actually good in this place?

Her eyes lifted as he spoke and she watched him carefully as he seemed to be struggling for words, but once those words came out it was confusion, hurt, and many other emotions that were coming up in her. They had been out on many dates over a full year and he hadn't said anything, she was always just wondering. Maybe she should have brought it up, but she didn't, she wanted him to and now he was finally saying it. How was she supposed to respond to that?

"Well I don't know what to say, I mean it would have been nice if you did say it, but you didn't and then you ignored all my messages and blew me off for how many months?" Why was she this angry about it all? Then she realized it was because she actually had really liked him.

There was the Zita he knew.

It was also the response he had been expecting. He’d heard it countless other times from girls when he tried to explain how his emotional attachments worked. He just didn’t look at women like that until he had gotten to know them a little. It was also why he had been alone for so long. It wasn’t an easy concept for people to understand. Heck, Adam didn’t understand it himself most of the time. Most of the people that Adam came to learn that he liked, didn’t give him the time to discover his feelings. It had left him guarded and closed off with only one real friend. He’d thought Zita was different. At least, he’d thought so until that night at the gala.

He sighed. ”You really zought,” he said softly turning his face back towards her. His hands were still clasped tightly together below the table. He didn’t want this to turn ugly, but he really wanted her to know. To understand why he had pulled away. ” I vould not haf been upset vith ze vay you acted at ze gala? You vere not ze Sita I know. Ze Sita I know vould not haf appeared more interested in James zan mein feelings.” He had thought she cared about him. She had always been defensive on his behalf when other people had been rude to him. She had been kind and hadn’t made him feel incompetent for needing help when they were out in public. But not at the gala. No, at the Gala she had been more concerned with how James had responded to her looks. ”It was like you vould razzer haf gone home vith him. Or been at ze party vith him. Zat his opinion vas more important. You did not efen introduce me to James as a friend.” As if she was afraid of labeling him so that James wouldn’t think Adam to be competition. Was he competition? She’d never expressed her feelings towards him either. In that regard, they were both to blame. He decided to keep his displeasure that she had insulted his place of employment and a coworker to himself. James was enough of a topic for now. But he hasn’t been able to keep a resentful tone out of his voice every time he said James’ name. ”It seemed like you did not efen notice how unhappy I vas.” It had made him question if Zita even cared about his feelings. It had made him want to punch James in the face. It made him question Zita’s motives every time they had gone out together. Because maybe she had been helpful and protective because she was only worried about what other people thought of her. Maybe she had only continued to go out with him because she didn’t want to be known as the girl who dumbed the blind guy. He’d realized that most of their encounters had been about her and her feelings. Adam hadn’t minded at the time because, well, he had thought it was her way of letting him learn who she was. But at the Gala, she had been a completely different person.

He knew he should stop talking, but he couldn’t. His knuckles were starting to hurt and he forced himself to unclench his hands and place them on the table. ” Maybe, I vas vrong undt ve are not efen friends. Maybe am I nothing to you. ” He had tried to keep his voice level and calm, although he hadn’t been able to keep pain out of it. ”I hope I am wrong, because you are not nothing to me. I did not reply to you, because I vas trying to understend how I feel. Trying to understend vhat ve vere- nein are.” There had been other reasons as well. An increased work load, he had gone home to Germany because his father had needed him, but he was quite certain that Zita would see all of those explanations as just excuses. He didn’t want to give her excuses. Sitting here with her, he realized he’d made a big mistake and he refused to believe that their relationship was completely over, even if it just meant they were only friends from here on out.

He shook his head as if trying to dislodge the thoughts stuck there. ”It vas vrong uff me to not reply to you undt I apologize fur it. I vould really like ze opportunity to make it up to you. If you vill let me." He really wanted to demand an explanation about James, but he didn't think it a good idea at the moment.