Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 06:06 PM   #41 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Zita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Stars and things, she felt like she was back in Astronomy where she barely paid attention. Mostly she was writing notes to friends or making sure her makeup was flawless, but she remembered a little about the stars and potions class (which she wasn't much better) talking about all that jazz. "Oh right, well I hope you aren't working too hard." She couldn't help but wonder how he was able to pour the right amount of ingredients to do potions. If he couldn't see, how was he sure he got the right things? This took over her for a few minutes and she went to ask, but decided it might be rude and shut her mouth again.

"I know people, I mean there are so many that work here, plenty I went to school with." She was surprised she didn't know any of the Aurors that she ran into with her moment at that level, but maybe she was glad she didn't. She didn't need this getting back to Max after everything he did for her a few years ago.

Since he wasn't going to take no about the sandwich she picked up the half and took a bite. Her stomach grumbled showing she was indeed hungry and that was a good gesture. "Thank you" she said quietly as she thought about how much she hated she cared he hadn't called. Some of her new ways had stuck even if she was acting like her old self. She was bitter he didn't fight for her, she did have an ego and he bruised it by just letting her go as he did. He never had made it official either, maybe that should have been her sign, but now she wasn't sure what she wanted or where she was going from there.

"So since you have been here all night do you at least get to leave early?"

Satisfaction thrummed through Adam as Zita finally relented and took the offered half of the sandwich. “Bitte schӧn,” he responded taking a small bite out of his half of the sandwich. Silence hung between them for a few moments and he was slowly gathering his courage to say something to her about the gala when she broke the silence and asked about going home early. Work was a safe subject. An easy subject, but not the subject that they needed to discuss. Even so, he answered, “Ja. Vell, in about anozzer hour. Zere are schtill a few zings zat need to be added to ze potion before it is complete.”

He got the distinct impression that Zita would not bring up what happened at the gala and if the air was ever going to be cleared between them, he was going to have to do it. He put the sandwich down. “Sita, I –“ he stopped talking for a moment and then pulled his eyeglasses off and set them down on the table as he rubbed the bridge of his nose trying to fend of his own feelings of frustrations and fear and hurt. “ I am sorry I did not…Zat I-“ He closed his eyes trying to figure out how say what he had been wanting to say to her for a while. “I do not really know how to explain this,” he sighed. He was worried she was going to storm off before he could explain himself to her. He leaned back in his chair, hands gripping each other under the table where she couldn’t see them. ”I like you,” he finally got out after long pause. He wasn’t looking in her direction now. ” It takes me a vhile to learn zat I do like a person. I do not know how to explain it. But I vas going to tell you at ze Gala undt zen,” he stopped talking, eyes in his lap.