View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 10:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Default She wasn't yelling, but we'll still go with it lol
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Nettie wasn't really paying attention to people in the shop, until she heard that annoyingly shrill call of "MOM" coming from a younger shopper. Hearing kids cry out for their parents at the top of their lungs was not Trinetta's favorite thing, but she'd gotten used to it during all these trips to alley. The young girl in question and her mum stopped nearby, looking at the cauldrons and trying to figure out which one she needed.

She was a first year by the looks of it, and even though she'd been rather LOUD, Nettie smiled at her. "The standard pewter one," she told her, pointing to the one all the way at the top of the shelf. "That's the one for first years," she helpfully told her. Even though she didn't have the badge anymore, apparently she was still eager to help. Huh. Imagine that.
There was a voice that answered her question, but the voice didn't belong to her mom or little sister. The incoming first year looked up to see a very unfamiliar face. She didn't know the older girl, but apparently she was a Hogwarts student. "That's it!" she said. "Thanks! I'm Isla, by the way. Do you go to Hogwarts?" The girl had known the answer to her question, but that didn't mean she was a Hogwarts student. For all Isla knew, she could be giving her the cauldron the firsties at Beauxbatons needed.

About that time, Isla's mom and little sister joined them. "It's the standard pewter cauldron," she reminded her mom. That stranger right there had told her. Isla watched as her mom smiled at Nettie as a way of saying thank you. "How'd you know I was a first year?" she asked the older girl. I mean, it was probably obvious, but her curiosity had gotten the best of her. Was she really that tiny and young-looking? Maybe she should wear a little lip gloss or something next time...