View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 01:43 PM   #79 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy was waiting for the "results" of the auction and as she waited, she spotted a familiar face. It was her beloved former Charms professor, Gaston Marchand. Excusing herself, Daisy made her way over to where he was.

"Gaston Marchand? It is wonderful to see you!" Daisy greeted with a smile, ready to hug him in greeting if permitted.
Gaston stood off to the side as he awaited the results of the auction, lost in thought until a voice calling his name jerked him back into the moment. Wait, he knew that voice! "Daisy?" He looked, and there was his former student! Well this was a surprise - an unbelievably pleasant surprise but a surprise nonetheless! His blue eyes lit up as he beamed at her, and he opened his arms to receive the hug. "It's lovely to see you too! Welcome to the Ministry!"

Ever the overprotective dad!professor at heart, Gaston tried to keep track of which of his former students had jobs in the Ministry and where, and he definitely would've remembered if he'd seen Daisy here before. Since he didn't, it seemed safe to assume that this was her first day. He was about to ask her which department she worked for when the Minister announced the winners of the auction. He listened intently, hoping his name would be announced as the winner of the Florian Fortescue's basket, but it was not to be.

James Summers... now that was a name Gaston recognized! He was happy for him, yet at the same time, he couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed. Not for himself... he could always buy his own ice cream toppings if he wanted them, and it wasn't exactly for the students he left behind either. Hogwarts was getting a donation from him whether he won or not, so he'd done his part (or at least what little he could do). No, he was disappointed on behalf of his daughter. Desiree loved all things sweet, and he could only imagine how much fun she would've had building her own sundae. He wished he could've made it happen for her! Making a mental note not to tell his five-year-old daughter what item he lost, he politely applauded the winners.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...