View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 02:22 AM   #63 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default just *now* realized that Jessa's been staring at the owl post office man all night XD
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: You and Yous
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourgreengremlin View Post
Initially, Charles was unaware at the enthuasiastic approach belonging to his new Junior Undersecretary and instead his attention easily remained with Conley and Miss Swan. Though, yes, if Charles were the sort to wear lipstick it would end up smeared on cheeks. And likely his own teeth as well.

It was the flash of a spell being cast that caught the Minister's attention next and his reflexes already had his hand moving towards his wand holster when any knee-jerk concerns were laid to rest as he saw his new Junior Undersecretary quite literally chasing down a boy who he presumed to be his son. Oh, well, perhaps they should have made it more clear that this was not the best setting for children...though he had seen Alexa around here somewhere with her own daughter. Charles was hardly one to deny a child any sort of experience, however, so it was a thought easily dismissed. His wand hand steadying, Charles smoothed the fabric of his golden vest and tucked his thumb inside the pocket as he addressed the pair. "You need to get that enthusiasm a leash, Glitter Puff," the man chortled as he offered the young man in question a bit of a wave.

Not really. Charles thought leashes for children were terrible in concept. He was not particularly fond of leashes in general and had never once put them on the Shiba Inu he and Yukie had kept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Jessa did not care for the auction as much as the man wearing the very interesting suit. Can they just make a stop at the minister and compliment his suit? She walked on with her husband to the auction table nonetheless. "You can feel how rich and posh everyone is here." She whispered in her BOYFRIEND's ear, with a small chuckle. This reminded her of her snooty father and his kind of people.

Ooh, look at a child running in the middle of this soiree, what an embarrassing moment for his parents-- oh wait. Good thing her BOYFRIEND had quick reflexes. He was jogging after Duncan, wand in hand. Oh dear, okay, this was embarrassing she was totally pretending she didn't know the pair but also she was strolling towards them with the most chilled face. Ahem. yes, hi, hello, nod, smile, nod, hi.

What was going on?? He was suddenly not able to run AS fast as he could!??? He looked down at his feet with a perplexed look before his dad was right there in his face, holding him and looking a little red in the face. Angry? Duncan then realized that he was stopped by magic. "You cheated, you used magic!" Sooooo he totally could outrun his dad. Oh wait, they were not in a race.

Duncan scowled as he was being lectured. He hated when his father knelt down, it meant serious business. What did he have to say for himself? UHHHH---"thaaaat I'm sorry I didn't run faster and let a spell stop me?" HEHEHEHE. See? He's cute.

Wait, who's this man? Duncan looked up at him, studying him. "Dad? What is Glitter Puff?" Like the pygmy puff his father used to own? Was the man speaking to his father or Duncan or an imaginary friend?

Jessa contemplated not joining Fletcher and her son, and go on to meet the ministry in the peculiar suit. But she beelined towards them anyway when a man in a golden suit stopped to talk to them. "Excuse me, hi, I'm Jessa." She smiled widely, unbothered for their son's behavior at the moment. Who was this? A colleague?

Yes yes, everyone did seem rather posh here. Rich, though? Meh, maybe. Fletcher had seen richer and honestly hadn't been that impressed by the salary Ms. Bones had offered him. The posh thing though... it made him want to loosen his tie and go grab a drink, stuff his mouth with food, and then maybe accidentally spill said drink on someone. Some of these people were so stuck up each other's butts...

Uh, anyway. His son was on the loose. It was soooooooo nice of Jessa to help; he'd be bringing that up later. She was supposed to do the discipline at his events and vice versa. But here he was, lecturing the kid once again. He was NOT cute to his own parents when he was being BAD, and yes, Fletcher's face was a little red. His tattoo had also made an appearance on his neck, just long enough to silently and ferociously howl at his son before it disappeared again.

"No." Fletcher was brusque with the boy because he knew that his son knew better. If they'd been at home, Dunk would be in the time-out corner with the loss of two toys if Fletcher were in charge for the evening, because if not, Jessa was definitely the softer parent. As it was, Fletcher settled for a stern, disappointing shake of the head, and then grabbed his son's right hand and stuck it to his own left hand with a spell. Then he stood up, so that Dunk's hand was caught in Fletcher's iron grip with no chance of escape. "I'm an adult," he informed Dunk sternly. "I'm allowed to use magic." There was no such thing as cheating here. Pffft. Dunk only WISHED he could outrun his dad. He'd show him later. He'd sh---

"Oh, Mister Minister!" Fletcher just now realized who was watching his family spectacle. He grinned a little because, y'know, his nickname. It had grown on him with time. "Yeah, that's me. I don't have a leash, but maybe this will work." He lifted his arm a little, so Dunk's feet started to rise off the floor, since they were attached at the hand and all. He was deliberately ignoring the boy since his attempted run-away moment. "I hope you don't frown on bring your children to work day?" It wasn't today, but uh, here was his kid. Nice to meet ya. And speaking of kids, "Didn't I go to school with your daughter?" How many Hollingberries were there, after all? He'd thought there had been a nice Hollingberry who smelled like cookies at Hogwarts.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind