Thread: Library
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 07:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Okay, okay, so many rules! "That's fine," Bernie agreed with a stiff nod. No more rules, plz, just... no moar. "Let's shake on it." She held her dainty hand out for him to seal the deal.

Wait, what? "Do you mean house elves?" She had read about those, but hadn't met any yet, so she kinda didn't believe they were real. "What about the other elves, that like, work at the North Pole, and the ones that live in the forest and make shoes, and some that like, help Hobbitts on their journey..." You know, the PRETTY elves. THOSE ones had silver hair! She was sure of it! She wasn't trying to hurt his feelings, honest. She was just convinced that elves were awesome.

But back to Ilya-the-non-elf. "Anyway, yes. You should take this parchment to the Transfiguration teacher. He'll understand it." Totally. She was a great scorekeeper and all that, so she shoved it into his hand. "Yeah yeah, so, back to the bet." Bernadette was totally on the same page as Ilya. "Are we going to go spy on the Headman or what?" Ilya's hair and eyes were important and whatnot, but c'mon. A SPY MISSION?! Way cooler.
Yep, he should definitely take the tally sheet to Mr. Barlow. Ilya folded the sheet neatly and stuffed it in his pocket. What should they do with the BIG books he brought all the way from the other section? They didn't even USE them. Merlin, he had to pair up with a nerd for this, not with the least nerdy person he knew ever.

He stared at Bernie, a little confused by the descriptions she was providing for elves. Her descriptions were too specific to believe she was making them up. He even questioned HIS knowledge now. "Uhm. I don't know what 'Hobbits' are, and no. As far as I know, what you described is... something other than elves." See? He didn't even say how stupid they all sounded. "We should get you to meet one of the house-elves. I met one earlier this year, she was so lovely and timid." It was cute.

OKAY. "Yeah, let's go." He closed the book with a loud THUD (see how big it was?) and started sliding off the chair to leave with her.