View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 03:11 AM   #54 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Too many people to quote - referenced names are in color(s)
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Well somebody was a party poop. Valentin wondered if he could slip a Muffling Draught into Laurel's drink because she certainly was ruining his fun. ” And would those feathairs belong to you? Because ai can save a dance fair you too.” Maybe a calming draught would be better, because she sure looked like she was wound tighter than a spring. He was sure a few turns on the dance floor would unspool that tightness and while he would rather spin a strapping young man around the dance floor, he wasn’t averse to sashaying with a pretty lady from time to time.

Ah! But the pretty young lady (Katrina) was playing along! Perhaps this party wouldn’t be a total snooze. ” Oh do not wairry, ai 'ave a mémairy lik an elephant.” Valentin of course, would let her and the young man disappear into the crowd and he would wander off to find something to eat. He didn’t chase those that weren’t interested. He just liked teasing them a little.

However, the young lady continued to chatter and well, Valentin did like the sound of his own voice to talk with others. ” Ja. Und Sie, ich nehme an, nennen Deutschland zu Hause?“ (Yes. And you, I suppose, call Germany at home?) he answered in German; his inflection lacked a little- he had a hard time with the guttural language and so he switched back to English to introduce himself. After all, he assumed the rest of the group did not speak German. ”Valentin Roux, Ambassador from Ministère des Affaires Magiques de la France,” he gave a playful salute with his flute of champagne.

~~*~~

”Quidditch was always my older brother’s thing,” he offered up trying to keep the small talk with Daisy going so that she didn’t feel excluded by all the people who had gathered around the drink table; there were after all, a lot of department heads. However, he wouldn’t have blamed her if she slipped off when she could. He would, if he were her. ”What position did you play?” he asked.

Conley drained the rest of his drink as he realized how big the group had gotten. He’d also lost sight of Sachin and hadn’t been able to keep an eye on the auction table. Again, he wrestled with he question of how embarrassing it would be for him to not receive a single bid. He just couldn’t come to a decision on the matter.

He glanced around trying to find his fiancé in the crowd but wasn’t able to spot him. ”Mmmm…? Oh, no. No illegal racing,” he said responding to Kendra’s question. ”Just a simple petition I was sent from one of the ambassadors. I had it forwarded to your office Victoria. I take it, it didn’t get to you?” Why was he not surprised that it hadn’t made it’s way to her office? Things just hadn’t been operating right in the ministry lately. He made a mental note to not take the lifts anytime soon. ”I’ll see if I can track down the petition and bring it your office. It was a just another request to have the UK join the league. ” And while he imagined the country’s answer would once again be ‘no,’ it was still his responsibility to pass along the request.

Victoria began talking about how people should go about legalizing the sport in a tone that booked she didn’t want to linger on the topic. It was find with Conley, as he didn’t care a hoot and a half about whether or not carpet racing became popular in the UK. He was, however happy that the tone should also book no further discussion on the topic. And with that, perhaps Conley could finally slip off.

~~*~~

Zita pulled away and Adam was left standing there with his hand pressed against his chest like a dorky Napoleon. His blue eyes blinked a few times in confusion, and he wondered if whatever was going on would be worth any fallout from putting on his big bug-eyed glasses just to see what was going on. Almost.

Because he knew how much Zita cared about the way things looked. That’s why he had pulled them off his face as quickly as could when she showed up.

But he hadn’t realized how much Zita enjoyed being handed compliments about her appearance, because it was not something Adam could do for her. Had he been wrong about her being a little more…beyond those kinds of things? Because right now, he sure wasn’t getting that from her. Suddenly Adam’s stomach felt a bit queasy.

And he was feeling a bit of irritation at Zita’s dismissal of his colleague and at Zita’s dismissal of him.Mariana,” he stated, unable to keep the touchiness out of his voice. Apparently, he was just ‘Adam.’ Boring old Blind Adam who was not worth further introduction and yes, rational Adam knew he was totally ignoring the fact that he worked in a department that literally had ‘Mystery’ in its title. Still, Zita could have said something: Adam the potioner; Adam who works for the Ministry; Adam my…what? Friend? Boyfriend? He wasn’t sure if introducing him as her friend would have felt better or worse.

What he did know was, he wished he would get lost.

And he also prayed that his colleague wouldn’t walk off.