View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 02:08 AM   #52 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default I have a Topanga open at the end if anyone would like her.
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Charles, Daisy, Conley, Kendra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
The exchange did not slip by the Minister, nor did certain embellishments and despite how he had addressed the subject with Conley prior...he WAS a bit chuffed that he had not been informed! He was allowed to be a bit of a contradiction, came with the territory of being a Gryffindor and Minister for Magic. As well as a human. "Thank you. January truly knows how to whip people in to shape when it comes to these sorts of matters." And how to scale back because, well, Charles was always one to go a bit overboard when it came to parties. Something that had paid off for the World Cup but they had to maintain a budget, after all. "All possible because of the outstanding team of department heads we have running the country, wouldn't you say?" he chuckled while giving the man's shoulder another firm squeeze before his attention shifted to Miss Swan and he offered her a handshake.

"Games and Sports, if I am not mistaken?" Her application had stood out just a little because his granddaughter belonged to the house of Hufflepuff and was always writing him lengthy letters (of which he always memorized in their entirety) regarding her housemates. "You're in positively outstanding hands there. I personally guarantee it."

There was a bit of a mischievous wink tagged on to the end of that sentence as well.

"Ah, Miss Baines!" he chuckled at that OUTSTANDING greeting. Were this not a formal event he would have, perhaps, enveloped the young lady in a bit of a hug but...he was trying to be on more professional behavior. "I am QUITE well if I do say so myself. Placed your bids yet? Hmm? Hopefully nothing that outbids myself." Wink wink, nudge nudge.

And then Charles' keen blues fell on one Mr. Kim - a young man he knew far too well without having ever met the boy personally outside of the interview process thanks to the escapades of his precious peace of a daughter during her Hogwarts days. "AH! MR. KIM! Good to see you my, boy! Certainly looking forward to seeing what diligence you bring to the Minister's Office!" he greeted jovially.

His smile subtly widened upon Victoria's arrival. "Ah, Victoria. I had just been praising to to one of your new employees. A Miss Swan," he mused while glancing around for that same young lady. "Can I tempt you with a drink?" he inquired as he offered his arm. "I think I saw something with raspberries floating in a bit of bubbly and it looked particularly tantalizing."

Airey truly wasn't sure what to bid on, though he could see Andromeda enjoying the paintings in particular. She was such a gifted child. A TRUE Flamsteed in that right and so curious. He had not yet decided what to do on his own "date" - figured he would sort all that out when he saw who it was to come up with something fitting - but the thought of them winning an opportunity to babysit his terrific trio was quite tempting.

His thoughts were ironic considering the question posed to him by Miss Cambridge.

"This is not my first time up for auction, Miss Cambridge," he mussed as he turned from the tables to look at her. "Or have you forgotten the fundraiser held at Hogwarts? You were...a second or third year, I believe." The years all blended together after a while. "Our Minister has never been anything but a man of his word, I would consider it quite like an ionic bond and you the Carbon to parchment's Oxygen. Best you can hope for is that no one bids on you...though then that would be a true shame for the fundraiser. A true Kobayashi Maru training exercise."

James Summers was HERE. Though he wasn't sure WHY he was here. He didn't care for politics and Hogwarts hadn't exactly steered him in any good direction. But his publicist and stylist had spent the past few hours fitting him in his all black suit and tie with a smart pair of sleek black shoes that likely cost most than the family farm. Such was the life of being a famous model.

His latest campaign was going well and he had heard that all his individual poster prints were sold out in most markets. It inflated his head just a bit to think about all the doors, walls, and ceilings he was on all across Europe.

The man bun was gone for the evening, a choice from his stylist rather than himself because he had grown rather fond of the low man bun, and his hair was looking particularly silky. Something he had to remember to address whenever someone commented on it. He was a walking branding machine for the evening with set phrases to say with regards to his tailored suit, perfect blonde locks, and snazzy shoes.

Grabbing himself a drink as he effortlessly wove through the crowd - this was nothing compared to the launch parties of Berlin and Paris - James strut his much more polished runway strut through the Atrium without a worry about the budget for the auction he had been allotted. He wasn't so good with numbers and, really, his manager had been foolish to entrust any sort of funds with him.

It was mid-strut that he spotted....Zita? With her arm on some other bloke? Some other older bloke. Bloody hell...it was happening all over again. Though this bloke he felt he could probably take down if push came to shove. Getting pummeled to a pulp over the same girl was, hopefully, a one time occurrence.

Staring, a bit unabashedly, for a few moments at her...he casually and totally TOTALLY breezily took a LONG sip from whatever it was he had grabbed and slipped his free hand into his pocket...and then stepped up to this little HOMEY looking trio.

"Take it where, Zita?" he asked caaaaaasually, taking yet another sip as his eyes glared glanced at this chum and then over to the other woman (Mariana) Zita was being quick to dismiss. "You're looking stunning this evening, as usually." He was speaking to Zita and doing his best to sound posh in his tone - unpolished as he always was. "Summers. James Summers," he greeted the OTHER woman while offering his hand. "I'm a model."

Victoria tried not to show that her mood was instantly lifted with his presence, but how could she not. He was a great friend that cared and it showed. Plus he was a brilliant minister and in his element this evening, many reasons Victoria had come to find that it was best that she had lost the election so long ago. Though she was so caught up in her own thoughts and his smile she almost didn't hear him say about her new employee.

Straightening her posture a bit she lifted her hand to Miss Swan, 'Ah, yes, Daisy, very nice to see you this evening. I do hope you are enjoying yourself and ready to jump right into business soon." The young girl showed promise in her interview and her quidditch knowledge was going to be very helpful. When Conley came near Victoria's brow raised, she wasn't one to start into the ever long debate of carpets but it had seemed to grab Charles attention as well as Kendra, 'Those petitions come along every so many years, they mean nothing really. If people are very serious to bring the sport of carpets to the British and Irish league they are going about it all wrong. The first thing they need to do is work on getting it on a campaign to legalize it, which it has been in the past and voted down as a no. They can't just petition for a sport that is illegal it is doing no one any good and it is wasting a lot of valuable time and parchment." Was that educated enough to stop the nonsense and get back to the evening? "Kendra I have not seen any sort of measures to legalize carpets in a while, have you?"

The night was moving on and so was she from the conversation, her eyes back on Charles, 'Did you say something about bubbly with raspberries, because that sounds marvelous right now."

SPOILER!!: Adam, James, Mariana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Text Cut: Charles & Daisy

”Oh she certainly does Sir,” Conley agreed about January. He didn’t think that she cared for him much and frankly the feeling was mutual. Perhaps he just hadn’t gotten to know her, but frankly, he got the impression she didn’t want to get to know him. So in true circling fashion, Conley tried to avoid her as much as possible.

The squeeze to his shoulders was a bit harsh this time around and Conley had to restrain himself from shrugging the man off. Dealing with Charles was like dealing with your grandmother who liked to pinch your cheeks and leave a big lip-stick stained kiss. If you let him be, he often got distracted and moved on to another victim person.

”Ah, that’s a fun department." Conley offered up to Daisy. Not that he really knew too much about that department. Not his field of expertise. " I imagine you’ll be quite busy this year with mascot tryouts and that new broom hitting the market. I also believe there was another petition submitted for allowing magic carpet racing.” At least one had passed across his desk recently, sent along from one of the ambassadors. He’d of course forwarded it to G&S, but with the way things hadn’t been working around the ministry lately, Conley wouldn’t be surprised it if never arrived.

”The bowling tournament was a lot of fun. I particularly enjoyed it.” he said to Daisy. Trying to steer the conversation away from work. ”Do you bowl?”

~~~*~~~

Text Cut: Mariana, Zita, and James

Other…side…of the…room…. Adam fought down the urge to groan. Especially at the words ‘dance floor.’ How the heck was he going to navigate his way through that?! ”Oh…alright. Dankeschön...Fräulein -?“ After learning her name, perhaps she'd be so kind as to lead show him the way there. Or perhaps he should just find a table and –

The sound of clicking distracted him as did the hand on his arm. Adam’s hands scrambled for the big coke-bottle glasses. He truly hadn’t expected Zita to come to the party. She hadn’t yet seen him those terrible, horrible bug glasses and this was not how he wanted to introduce them. Not when he looked so smart in his green suit. And yes, he did notice Zita’s tone towards the young lady. He just wasn’t sure to what to make of it. ”Sita… I – “

He was cut off by the arrival of yet another person. This time male. A male who apparently knew Zita. Adam wasn’t sure how he felt about that but did know that he didn’t’ like the way this James was talking to Zita or the woman who was kind enough to help him before Zita arrived. Because, frankly, he sounded like a big jerk. Adam folded the glasses up and stuffed them into a jacket pocket. He clearly couldn’t see the man (to Adam he was a big blurry blob), but he tucked Zita’s hand into the crook of his arm and kept his hand over hers. Should he say something? He "glanced" at Zita. Perhaps it was better to let her take the lead here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post

"That it is." Emilia smiled, amused. Frankie seemed to be living his best life where the food was concerned and she was more than happy to continue letting him do so, taking a bite off her own plate and giving a satisfied nod of the head. It really was delicious.

A new baby! That was really all the brunette was focused on as the auror pulled a picture from his wallet and offered it up. She leaned in, her smile growing as she took in the happy family. "You've got a beautiful family," She commented, nudging him gently. "And your holiday was definitely more exciting than mine. Congratulations, really." She wondered what it'd be like to be that settled, a family at home, one you were responsible for. She couldn't quite picture herself taking something like that on at this stage in her life, but it was definitely something she hoped for in the future. Frankie's expression, alone, was enough to show how much joy it could bring to your life. "Is this your first night out since the baby was born, then?"

___

SPOILER!!: Adam/Zita/James

"It's Mariana and it's no problem at all." The botanist took the man's hand and offered a shake in greeting, wondering where he was from. His accent was thick, harsh around the edges, and she would've asked if it hadn't been for the woman who seemed to zero in on them. Was it just her or did the blonde look a bit like a lioness ready to pounce? Uh...

"Right, okay." Whatever was going on between these two, Mariana did not want to get in the middle of it. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Adam." Since that's what the other woman had called him. She'd just be going no-

Oh Merlin, now who was this?

Raising her eyebrows a bit, the brunette watched as the self-proclaimed model arrived to claim the lioness woman, much like she'd done to the visually impaired gentleman she'd been helping, and honestly, this was all a little amusing. Had she stumbled into a soap opera somehow and not realized it or?

Taking his hand, she offered James Summers' hand a shake, a small smile playing on her lips. "Mariana Medina. Botanist." She would have said it was nice to meet him, but the jury was still out on this little group that had formed.

This feeling was nice, she couldn't deny it. It had been some time since Z felt the power she used to with eyes on her and her possessive superior voice coming through. She felt in charge again if only for the moment, but it was nice and she kept her eyes on the woman. She watched as the woman looked between them but then her eyes shifted and a voice, that voice, he was here?

Zita turned letting go of Adam's arm, "James, what are you doing here?" She moved to give him a greeting hug and kiss on the cheek. Had he said something about taking, she just ignored missed that spot. "Of course I look good, don't I always?" Her smile grew though, being noticed was something she did adore and she gave a little spin so he could fully see her outfit. Now she was glad she had gone the extra to look on point.

'Where are my manners, Adam, this is James, James this is Adam and well she already introduced herself." What was her name again, Maribe, Maribarbie, Mari... oh Zita didn't really care that much but she gave the woman a tight smile, "Zita Vella, as in Vella Teas." Yes, she still would use her father's company when she wanted to impress.

Was she late? Of course not, Topanga knew exactly what she was doing so one full hour after the gala started she had made her entrance and oh what an entrance. She didn't have a plus one and she really didn't need one. Where was the fun in that anyway? Instead, she had dared her cousins to dress up and carry her in. Oh, the fun her family had during the holidays. It was very normal to find them doing crazy games like daring each other to do things, but this, yes this was probably the best dare she had ever come up with.

"Hello everyone! Hello! This looks like a very sideways party." Sideways, HA, did they get it? Because she was on her side being carried in. Once fully into the party in the middle of the dance floor, her cousins set her down and for so many reasons took off out of the gala and to get out of their silly clothes. She, on the other hand, loved dressing up and having fun, so right away she started dancing.