View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 02:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

"... in a single day and night of misfortune, the island of Atlantis disappeared into the depths of the sea." - Plato, 360 B.C.

e x a m p l e s

Photos!: Atlantis

PROCLAMATION FROM THE PRINCESS
Who doesn't love a story with an absolute nerd as the hero? Milo is awkward, bookish, terrible with people, stumbling and clumsy in trying to express himself, and definitely doesn't have that super hero 'Dorito body' that we so often see in the romantic lead. But he's also clever and resourceful, brave when it matters, loyal, loving, and so kind. He's frankly great, and I've always appreciated that Disney didn't feel like they needed to give us a jacked up Indiana Jones to tell the (fascinating to me) story of Atlantis. And then there's Kida, who doesn't really need anyone to save her... a definite departure in early 2000's Disney. I don't think I have to pitch this movie to you, but I want to... it was diverse before that was a buzzword, it doesn't suppose that this ancient culture needs the 'modern man' (ick, colonization vibes) to save them, the artwork is stunning, and I JUST REALLY LOVE MILO. And I love Michael J. Fox as Milo. And I love Milo.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote