View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Sophie chuckled and happily sighed again. What a strange feeling, being outside without not even Kenzie to look after. It was mostly a very good feeling, but she couldn't help but wonder if her youngest was giving her father-in-law much trouble. She thought better and decided Kenzie was likely the one to give him least trouble, as him and Catherine had seemingly inherited a lot of the Mordaunt blood. Maybe Noah was the one she should be worrying about giving granddad Aldrich a more difficult time.

It had been a good idea to separate Scarlett from them, then. It would've been too much for Sophie to worry about. She was sure the Ministry's daycare had enough food to keep that daughter of theirs busy until they got back.

At her husband's words, Sophie chuckled again. "I'm not. I'm not doing anything." Which was the literal truth. She grinned anyway. "But thanks. You're lovely." Also the literal truth. His comment earned him another squish. "You're the best ever. And I mean it."

Admiring the fountain for a bit longer, Sophie smiled warmly. "Do you remember the day we met? You were drawing Hogwarts." She watched the water in the fountain for a little before speaking up again. "It's different, but there was water there too." She chuckled. A whole different amount of water since the Black Lake, from what she recalled, was pretty deep. At a sudden thought, she pulled away from him so she could look him in the eyes. "Can you believe the twins will start there in just over a year!?" She said, wide brown eyes locked on his lovely light ones. "Oh, sorry. No kid talk, sorry!" She shrugged sheepishly before snuggling back against him. It was like she couldn't HELP it!
Mordred grinned. He knew it didn't take a lot for Sophie to talk, but still, he was right. She's amazing even if she didn't do anything. That was what makes her incredible in so many ways. For his part, he was proud of himself because he took his chance to be with her. Even (sort of) argued with his best friend to make a point how much he wanted Sophie in his life. It was something that his wife didn't know, and he has no plans of telling her that. He thought it wasn't necessary, especially now that he's with her, and that's what mattered.

The walk down memory lane went further when Sophie recalled the time they first met. Mordred chuckled and nodded. "Yes, I do remember that time like it was yesterday." He had been annoyed when he thought he had the place to himself. But he was a fool of course. Anybody can share the Great Lake, even if it was the middle of the winter season. Could it be that Sophie also took her chance at that time? He was the least friendly, and couldn't care less about making friends. He thought they were all the same-- loud, rowdy, annoying...but as it turned out, they were worthy of his friendship. The few close ones became his family too.

And then came the kid talk. Mordred locked eyes with Sophie and grinned at her excitement. He gently squeezed her back to tell her it was okay to talk about the kids. It was just natural for both of them to bring them into the conversation, especially now that they need to prepare for the first of their many inevitables as parents. "No, it's fine. I was thinking maybe we should talk about it while they're out of earshot." he finally said and looked at the fountain again wherein an elderly man took out a coin to toss it into the water. "Noah's pretty excited. He's been asking all sorts of question. Catherine is curious...but she doesn't seem to be as enthusiastic as Noah." Mordred's voice was laced with concern, wondering if he's just reading into it more than the usual? "Have you had any reservations before coming to Hogwarts? I've never asked." Because he was neither excited nor scared. He'd been homeschooled before coming to Hogwarts, and as a pureblood, he was more than prepared for what was to come.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.