View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
There was the faintest beginnings of a smile at the offer he make them dinner later. As much as she could, she enjoyed filling the whole domestic wifely role but it was an equal treat having him cook. He was great at it. That was all.

"Romania." Jessa repeated, walking into the stop and tugging him along with her. "Reckon I'd have guessed a few places before there but it makes sense." She gravitated toward the first set of shelves, ignoring the shopkeeper's gaze. Here, at least, she knew better than to take the suspicious looks personally. It was Knockturn Alley, they had a different reason to be suspicious and it had nothing to do with her. "I don't suppose you could get me a live one, just for a little. To study and recreate the behaviour in mine." It went a long way with realism when she animated her experiments.

"Won't need it to guard anything specifically...so I suppose I'll have to find another reason to justify it's violence but it's not a puppy and shouldn't have to act like one."

V likely didn't have anything to guard either. Not because he didn't have valuable things but because his magic was sufficient on its own.
"Yes, I heard of it from a colleague." One of his translation services associates who he had worked with for a wizengamot case. He ignored the shopkeeper too, mostly because he had nothing to fear and did not require assistance. The shelves got a cursory glance but Jessa's next comment had more of his attention. Get her a live one? He doubted that she meant him to kidnap someone; that would not be useful for her purposes as it would be better to have someone cooperate freely.

"I could put an advertisement out for someone. Hire someone to come work with you during as many full moons as you require." Money was no object, especially not for something that made her happy, and that way he could vet any applicants to make sure they were on the level.

"I am not sure you need to justify anything. It is what it is." And as long as they kept to themselves it would remain nobody else's business.

Leaving her side, Valko continued along the shelves himself, while he was here, might as well pick up some lodestones.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you