View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 09:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Goblinfrog

DIMC & MO
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Mischievous Niffler

Alice was starting to understand the point about the house elves. She hated to admit it, but Malachi's arguments made sense. Why would the house elves listen to her requests to report unusual things if they hadn't done so all the other terms? Ooh, those elves! She had counted on them being more obedient than they had shown signs of being. "I see," she said after he had finished explaining. "My plan had loopholes."

The idea that she was projecting, on the other hand, was not something she agreed with. Not at all. "I don't want to argue the point, sir, but it's just not true that no one has accused me of disloyalty. Two of the house elves (Algamus being one of them) called me 'suspicious' for my plan on having them keep an eye out for suspicious activity. You yourself instinctively accused me of 'sneaking' for the same plan. While you may have just been careless with your words, I think you can understand why I begin to wonder if others value my loyalty, when sneaking and suspicious are the words that immediately jump to people's minds when discussing my actions."

But she didn't want to go too deeply into that argument. There were important concerns on her mind, such as whether she would succeed in her training with Malachi and whether the mysterious fog would abate. She didn't want to end this meeting on a disagreeable note. "Are you sure you wouldn't like refreshments?"