Thread: International Cooperation Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 01:43 AM   #27 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Mai
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritandgrace View Post
Mai was surprised no one else had shown up yet. Had they not seen the memo? she thought. Maybe they're just having a hard time getting away from work. she reasoned with herself. She didn't have much work on her own table yet, but that was alright. She was hoping maybe Conley would be able to introduce her to the representatives of Japan and France. That would be very helpful.

"It was lovely, thank you. I got to spend a couple days catching up with my parents back home, but I came back and got settled in quickly." Mai didn't want to appear as if she was slacking off, she wanted to make a good first impression. That was for sure.

While they were waiting, he might as well give Mai the documents he was holding for her. Internalizing a sigh, because, well, his time was money too and he had things he needed to do as well, he slid over two manila file folders (one orange, one blue) containing some paperwork. Inside were curriculum vitaes and short biographies on the French and Japanese plenipotentiaries.

”Information on your charges,” He said with a smile. “Haruto is rather easy to deal with. But Valentin?” Conley raised an eyebrow and resisted the urge to whistle. ”A little…high strung.” He had faith that Mai could handle him though. ”If you have any problems with him. Let me know. He and I...” he was about to say ‘had history together,’ but thought better of it. They did have history together, but a phrase like that could be taken a few different ways and he didn’t want rumors to start roaming around the office. ”Worked together once upon a time.”

Text Cut: Louise
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Another day, another dollar. Louise Hamilton was here, present, accounted for. Sidling into the conference room, she moved her hand to cover her mouth as she yawned. Breaks were never long enough, it seemed. Why couldn't they have like a two month vacation as back in school days?

"Morning, Mai. Mr Phora," she said, fixing herself a cup of tea and taking a seat.

Conley had leaned back after passing the files over to Mai. Taking another sip, he watched Louise walk in. Well, there was a least another person here. ”Ms. Hamilton,” he said pleasantly in greeting.

A few more people filtered in and Conley finally felt confident enough to start this meeting. He took one last sip of his tea and then placed the empty teacup back on the saucer before flicking open his notebook and picking up his quill. ”So, welcome. Good morning and I hope everyone had a good holiday.” He smiled, perhaps a bit too widely, as thoughts of his own holiday briefly popped into his head. He forced them away. It was time to work. ”We’ve a few new faces here, Ms. Ainsley will be our new French and Japanese Relations Officer.” He motioned to the young lady with a welcoming smile. ”And Mr. Wallce,” he motioned to the new coordinator. ”Is our new jack-of-all trades. He’ll be available to help with planning events, meetings, mail, guests, and anything else that may pop up. But please, don’t abuse his help. He maintains the right to tell you all no.” He smiled, hoping the joke went over well, while providing Wallace with an out if he should get overwhelmed.

”Now, down to business.” His index finger tapped lightly against his notebook. ”It has come to my attention that the audit I requested be done a few years ago, did not actually happen. Therefore,” His smile faded. ”We have a quite a few people in the county on expired VISAs. They will all need to be contacted and informed that their paperwork is expired. If they do not respond or complete new paperwork in a timely manner, we will unfortunately have to get Law Enforcement involved.” He scribbled down a note. ”I personally don’t want to have anyone expatriated so, let’s get this done as quickly as possible.” He felt that it went without saying that if this wasn’t done, people would also be disciplined, possibly fired.

”Next,” He put a check mark next to his first note. ”There has been an increase in lost or stolen passports reported. Foreign Relations,” he glanced at Mai and few of the other officers who were seated around the table. ”Please reach out to your plenipotentiaries and see if there has been any other activity reported or if they too are having issues. Please inform me immediately of any other issues you happen upon in regards to these issues. Again, if the issue persists, Law Enforcement will have to get involved and I would rather not have to deal with the aurors.” Wow, that was a lot of use of the word 'issue.' He mentally rolled his eyes at himself.

He glanced over at Louise. ”Ms. Hamilton, if the reporters start sniffing around, please inform me immediately.”

Last edited by Krel Ansell; 07-10-2019 at 04:32 PM. Reason: formatting issues