Thread: Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Under normal circumstances Trinetta would be VERY upset to know that her usual hiding spot - the boathouse - was becoming more and more crowded by the minute. Even in the winter, she didn't mind heading down there when she just needed time to think and scribble in her journal. She usually had a bluebell flame in a jar to keep her warm, and just being out of the wind usually made it a rather comfortable atmosphere even in the dead of winter. It was the perfect place for her to just think when she needed to be alone. Nothing but the occasionally sound of the water moving around, or the creek of the boats as they sat there, unused.

She heard a commotion coming from the boathouse as she approached, however, which made her wonder if she should stop and turn around. Maybe she should just avoid the boathouse all together. Pretend she'd never heard anything. Merlin knew WHAT was going on there, and it could be literally ANYTHING. This WAS Hogwarts, after all. She could hear O'Hara's voice coming from the boathouse, so whatever was going on...a professor was on it. That had to mean it was under control, right?

But of course she was nosy. So naturally, she kept moving forward, reaching the boathouse with quickened steps. As soon as she entered the small building, though, her vision was completely blinded by a thick heavy fog. Her eyes widened, as if THAT would help her see better through the mist, hands immediately stretched out in front of her. Whatever she had been expecting - this wasn't it.

Thankfully she knew the layout of the boathouse rather well from all her visits there, so she was able to maneuver her way to the middle of the room. Or so she thought? Even with a good knowledge of the place, all this mist was really jarring.

"HELLO!? Professor?!" she called out, knowing that she had to be somewhere in all this mess. "What's going on!?" she asked, a slight panic in her voice. OOP. It sounded like something was in the water! Her brain immediately thought of the acromantulas that had attacked Trent a few months ago, and her brain started reeling. She knelt down to the ground and started feeling around blindly, crawling around on the ground until she felt the strong handle of an oar. YES! Just as she had hoped!

She grabbed it and stood back up, turning wildly towards the water (or so she thought, she was actually facing the opposite direction). "STAY BACK! I'M ARMED!" she yelled, waving the oar wildly in to the mist as she did so. Her brain wasn't even registering the fact that it would be completely asinine for an acromantula to be HERE, in the boathouse, near all this water it could easily drown in. What if it wasn't a spider, though? What if it was an angry merman? Or a grindylow? NOT TODAY SIR, NOT TODAY!

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid