Thread: Azkaban
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Truth be told, the public eye was almost white noise to her. Which was the dangerous gamble she tended to fall back on since she did not consider paparazzi and the press until, most of the time, she had already found herself in a bit of hot water. Though she did take pleasure in trolling the paparazzi when she could, going out in the same outfit to make some of their coveted snapped photographs seemingly worthless. That had been her standard after...well...after what had happened with the twins. And no one, save for her grandmother though those standards were of an entirely different breed, had higher expectations for Zinnia Shacklebolt than those she held for herself.

Her finger was idly tracing the base of the out-of-place wine glass on the table in their..cell as he spoke and it was truly refreshing to find herself so easily engrossed in what he was saying. Though perhaps that came from speaking with someone who was passionate about what they were doing, without reservations. It was something the majority of those in her inner circle were lacking, the majority of them more adrift in their pursuits than not. With exception, of course. "I can see the appeal," she nodded with a bit of a side smile. "I only ever did the occasional rudimentary reading on the subject when wandwoods came up in relation to runic creation, but the complexity and intricate detailing held its allure."

While engrossed, she was trying not to let her thoughts dwell too much on her own fantastical ideas regarding broom creation. This was, after all, a date and not a business opportunity. In addition to it being far too bold a request to make given that they had only known each other for an hour, tops. Though all that went right out the window when he opened the door to possibility and enabled her thoughts. Disjointed as they may be. "Do you think it is more or less likely that a broom be made of the same wood as that of the a person's wand," she inquired, entirely conversationally. "For example, my own wand is ebony which has its own implications. My current broom is a Romanian made model, Viteza luminii 3000, is created from Pedunculate oak I believe. Brooms, much like wands, must be in tune with the magical properties is our blood. After all, a muggle would not be able to control a broom in the same manner a witch can...though brooms I feel are more in tune with the rider's balance and athleticism than a wand need be. On the alternative, a wand is far more in tune with the very soul of a witch or wizard and a broom merely a vehicle."

And in some ways, much like those who bought into astrology and all that business with signs, she supposed he could now quell a thing or two about herself given her wandwood.

She was, likewise, pleasantly surprised with his peace in the outdoors. Though really she should not be, it only made sense. Though it left her wondering just how he elected to spend his time in nature. She herself tended to take the more natural approach. "I am similar," she nodded, her posture noticeably relaxing further than it already had. "Kenmare does not boast much, but it does have outstanding nature trails prime for horseback riding. It is how I tend to spend my days off. Rent a horse and take a ride out in nature. Or a good long hike."

She could see her own calm reflected in his posture as well. Or...it had been there until he began rambling like that and digging himself into a perpetual hole of awkward and she found herself smiling with even a hint of a laugh in wondering just how long he planned on going on for.

"Maybe," she nodded coyly. "It would be nice to think there was some rhyme and reason to this setting rather than the matchmaker losing her marbles." Should she give a compliment in return? She was not particularly the sort to compliment on appearances except in certain situations - of which this was not. "You have a handsome mind, Ramiel."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes