Thread: Boats
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 03:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fireheart

DMT & DMLE
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures

SPOILER!!: Alba, Austin, and Analiese
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverz View Post
SPOILER!!: Austin and Avalon <3

Alba sat straighter when the boy approached, correctly assuming he'd choose to sit next to her. Why wouldn't he? He seemed happier to be there than she was, but she was just itching to get inside and be SORTED. Smiling out of more politeness than her usual warmth (she was excited, okay, and being excited was a full-body emotion), the first year greeted the new arrival. "Hello! It's good to see another face. I always get to things so early. My name is Albertine, but you can call me Alba."

He didn't seem to be paying attention to her though. Instead the boy took out a spectacularly un-soaked notebook and began writing something down. Oooh. Mysterious, was he? Her dreams were stifled some when she actually read the note. "No offense, but I don't know who your dad is, how truthful he is, or how many times he has been fortunate enough to ride these boats. Or what outfit he was wearing. So like...not much comfort, my friend." Err...probably shouldn't have included that tidbit about the outfit.

Time for a subject change!

"That's a neat notebook. Do you have it spelled to not get wet?"

Just as Alba spoke, another student arrived. This time it was a girl. Yay! Like Alba, she wasn't dressed for the activities they were participating in. Alba gave her ballet flats a knowing, empathetic look. Those would be tricky to clean back to a good shine without magic, and they hadn't been taught any cleaning spells yet. And she was sarcastic to boot! Alba felt a weight lift off her shoulders now that people were here. "Hello, friend! I'm Albertine, or just Alba, and this is...." Hmm. She looked back at Austin apologetically. "I'm sorry, what did you say your name was?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
Austin noticed that both his boat mates had very different attitudes towards the boat ride. One
Alba sounded really fake. Austin imediately didn't like her. The other one Avalon was at least showing some of her true emotions.
He looked to Alba. He wrote something down on hid notebook again.
SPOILER!!: Notebook

It's Austin. My name's Austin.

He showed this paper to both girls not meaning to be annoyed to Avalon. That's why he turned the page and only showed the next thing that he was writing to Alba.
SPOILER!!: Notebook

And yes. The notebook is charmed because believe it or not, my dad knows what he is talking about and he performed the charm on it.

He glared at Alba and then looked away a bit indicating he didn't want to 'talk' to her anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySeverusSnape View Post

"Hi Austin." Analiese gave a little smile to the boy she had met on the train. She indecisively thought whether to sit in Austin's boat or another one. Ugh. This rain was really annoying. Especially when she was trying to make her mind up about something. She decided to sit in his boat. She made sure to not wet her robes when she entered the boat. Ok, this was strange. Austin was the only one she knew there. The other two girls looked friendly. "Hi!" Was that weird? In Analiese's opinion, the answer was very. She should probably give an introduction. "I'm Analiese, in case you were wondering." This was probably the most uncomfortable conversation she had in her life.

Plonk. Plonk. Plonk. That was the sound of the raindrops on the lake. Analiese listened to the sound. It sounded kind of soothing. Trying to get her mind off the awkwardness of the conversation.

At least the girl seemed friendly! And she seemed to know a bit about fashion, too, judging by the looks of her nice outfit. "Nice to meet you, Alba. I'm Avalon," she said, shaking the girl's hand. She noticed Alba glance down at her ballet flats. "I picked the worst possible shoe choice for a day like today." Avalon looked disapprovingly at the mud caked onto her black flats. "But I guess when I think about it, hiking boots with this skirt wouldn't exactly be my idea of fashion." She laughed lightly as she turned to the boy, who was in the process of scribbling something in his notebook. He turned it around to show the girls. Austin. Interesting. Not very talkative then. She gave him a smile, hoping to hide a little bit of the awkwardness she was feeling. She wasn't quite sure what to say next.

Thankfully, Avalon was interrupted by another girl hopping into their boat. She seemed to already know Austin. And judging by the tone of her voice and unsure look on her face, Avalon suspected she was feeling a bit awkward as well. Good - someone to possibly commiserate with! "Hey Analiese. I'm Avalon," she said as a fat raindrop landed on her cheek. She winced as the cold water slid down her face. Wiping it away with her sleeve, she exclaimed, "What are the odds! All of our names begin with the letter A!" As soon as the words left her mouth, she wanted to jump off the boat to escape her embarrassment. What a lame thing to say. Who even would care about something like that? Suppressing a cringe, Avalon quickly changed the subject. "What is everyone most excited for at Hogwarts?"