View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 12:47 AM   #54 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Nettie felt like her cheeks were on fire as he kept complimenting her Quidditch abilities. "I'm not THAT great," she chuckled. Although she had to admit, Quidditch did seem to come...naturally to her. "You'll have to owl me your schedule, I might be able to come to one of your games! That's the only good part about being in separate leagues, I guess," she said with a grin. They wouldn't be playing against each other, so maybe they'd be able to root each other on!

She tilted her head with a soft smile. "So twenty-eighteen?" she asked with a small chuckle, repeating his statement. "I didn't expect you to be so...concerned with social trends," she teased him. Honestly, Nettie couldn't help but feel like her heart was sinking. Another crush who didn't want to be her boyfriend. What was WRONG with her? Was it something about her? They could go on dates with her, they could snog her - but the second she wanted more, they got cold feet. It had to be something with her. It just HAD to be.

She tried to focus on the positive. Ethan still wanted to hang out with her, and still wanted to snog her...right? But did that mean he wanted to snog OTHER people too? Because...well, she wasn't sure how she felt about that. She needed to think on that. She smiled at him at his offer, however, and pushed that thought aside for the time being. She didn't have to RUSH anything. She had time to think this all over.

"Sure, I'd love to!" she told him as she pocketed the water bottles in her bag. "What's your favorite flavor?" she asked with a grin. Mostly because she wanted to see if they could split a sundae - but also to get her mind off the EMOTION stuff and move on.
If Ethan was being honest, he probably would have said she was great even if she was being compared to professionals. "UH yes. And ditto! Because I'm going to have to return the favor at one of your games." He shook his head. "Another good part is that we're not competition for each other. And we don't have to worry about opposing each other. And we'll have equal chance to be drafted for professional leagues. If we want." Mmhm. Although he hadn't decided about that and it was EONS into the future, but still.

"I'm not? I don't think? I don't know actually..." Ethan chewed on his lower lip. He liked to dress well, but he probably - like most teenage boys - didn't shower as much as he should have. And wasn't necessarily the most fashionable. But he liked to think he wasn't bad looking either.

Also, he probably should have made it clear that he ... wasn't snogging anyone else at the moment. And that he wasn't ruling out the labels for the future, but just for now. It's just, well, he supposed like father like son, he mulls things over for awhile. Impulse wasn't exactly a Denton trait. Even if he did like to think he was more adventurous than his father, but who was he to judge? His father did romance his mother in Florence.

Favorite flavor? Ethan blinked as if she had asked something in French which she might as well have, as he'd been lost in his own thoughts of mulling and such. "Huh. Oh. Ice cream. Uh.... not lemondrop? But we're not fussed. Really anything ... What's your favorite?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Dory took a deep breath of the fresh summer air as she made her way down the street. Summertime was her favorite time of the year... sun, warm weather, and best of all, Diagon Alley overrun with Hogwarts students and quidditch fans! The rainbow-haired American planned to take full advantage of the uptick in activity to pound the pavement and drum up some business for her shop.

She was decked out in full Quidditch World Cup regalia to show off the merchandise available in her shop. She sported several studs designed to look like the various countries' flags in her ears, and her arms were covered in team-inspired temporary tattoos and bracelets in the team colors. She'd even used some of the body paint to paint a lightning bolt on her cheek. In her hands, she held a thick stack of coupons that she handed out to the passers-by. "25% off all Quidditch World Cup merchandise at Paradise Piercings and Tattoos!" she called. "Limited time only!"

That was when he heard - and took - a coupon from a lady and glanced down at it, before looking back at Nettie. "What ya say? Maybe we can get a quaffle tattoo or something? Although it'll probably have to be temporary..."

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.