View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 02:31 AM   #49 (permalink)
Nyx Higgs
England National Team Player
Dugbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontius McKay View Post
A black coffee and a bottle of water. That was what Leontius was carrying through the Leaky Cauldron as he searched for a place to sit. There was time to rest between practices, but there was not time to slack on his diet. Everything that entered his stomach went someway to improve his Quidditch performance.

Coffee gave him energy. It was simple logic that allowed him the little vice. Leon sipped the mug as he took pause to survey the surroundings, noting the players at the bar. The Indian National Team. Or so he thought. He also noticed the eyes watching them, mostly hidden, but easily recognisable. And so it was towards those eyes that he headed.

"Spying are we, Higgs?" Leontius took a seat on the same table as the Seeker as he spoke. Coffee and water were set down in front of him. Elbows, too - fingers laced, chin resting upon them. The bright blue eyes studying Nyx quickly flicked to the players at the bar.
Nyx had seen Leontius coming from a mile away, and was not at all surprised when he sat down next to her. Predictable. If she didn't have to work with the man every day, she'd have sent him on his way and told him to find his own place to spy from. Or she'd just spill a drink on him to get him to go away. He was the exact opposite of the type of people she associated herself with - but too late now, he was already sitting here.

"I prefer to think of it as quiet observation," she told him, looking back at the Indian team before taking a sip of her drink. "Spying would imply that I am looking to gain information to use against them. I don't play like that. I plan to beat them by pure skill, should they make it to the finals against us," she explained to her teammate with a slight smirk.