View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *rearranges* So sorry for the delay! RL threw me a curveball >_<
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Everybody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Normally Frankie dealt with Dark witches and wizards who wanted nothing better to do than cause chaos and attempt to knock him out cold. Today, however, he was on the lookout for some vendor that allegedly was up to no good with his business dealings. This type of manhunt wasn't exactly his forte needless to say. The risk was low. The adrenaline wasn't high. He was bored with it all.

But here he was, walking into the tattoo parlour on a mission. The area for street vendors was, of course, vacant, so there was really only one thing he could do. Interrogate and hope something would come of it.

"Excuse me," the blond interrupted the three that were present, ignoring the tropical bird that sounded the moment he walked in. He flashed his badge at them to show that he was there on serious (though painfully mediocre) business. "Sorry to bother, but there's been reports about some vendor that's been selling 'round here. Apparently selling false artefacts and passing them off as real. Would any of you happen to know anything about that?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post

Eeeeeeeep! FINALLY someone got the meaning behind her name correct! Ami let out a quiet giggle and nodded. "I was indeed." Ami could go on and on about her Muggle father's love of Star Wars, but that's a story for another time.

The red head nodded, counting the exact amount to be paid. "Perfect, here you go." She handed over the money ever so politely, because the shopkeeper here seemed very nice! Now she was excited to get down to business even if her demeanor seemed serious.

Ami reacted to the greeting of the gentleman with a nod in return. "Hi." The red head doesn't recall ever meeting him, but besides all the curiosity had she went back to focus on the shopkeeper and getting her money's worth today.

The BADGE! The badge caught her eye for obvious reasons and not to mention that gosh awful bird noise. A vendor selling false artefacts? Hmmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
SPOILER!!: all of you

While the customer did little more than acknowledge his presence, Atticus kept his charming smile. He knew she had her own reasons for coming into a store that wasn't his own and he hadn't exactly intended to intrude. But he still kept her in mind to speak to her a little later.

Atticus soon turned his eyes back to Dory. "Just thought I'd see if I could interest you in some merchandise today... but I can wait. I see you're busy right now." Again he flashed that charming smile. "We can talk business in a bit, if you ladies don't mind me hanging around." And that was directed to the redhead as well, since he was mildly interested in what she was getting done today. But he wasn't trying to be a creep about it.

He paid no attention to the bird announcing another's arrival, but he did turn was his attention was drawn by the voice. Oh. The law. His eyes briefly fell to the badge but he kept his smile. Nothing to see here. "I'm currently selling some of my merchandise, but everything's legitimate." He might be visiting some of the other shops, but he had his vendor's license and as far as he knew, he had nothing fraudulent. Not that he'd admit it to this guy. But maybe move along now and stop infringing on his business.

Dory couldn't help but giggle along with Amidala. She was glad she'd guessed the origin of her name correctly. This conversation would've taken a really awkward turn if she didn't! "Nice! Gotta love those fictional character names, right?" she replied. And she would know. She was named after a cartoon character herself- and not the one everybody usually associated with her name. She took the money Amidala handed her and carefully counted it... not that she didn't trust her, of course. Re-counting the money herself was a force of habit. A bell sounded as she opened the drawer to the tiki head-shaped cash register and placed the money inside. "Awesome! You're all set."

Dory was about to tell Amidala to wait in the tattoo parlor when Atticus happened. Blink, blink. So he was trying to boost business by hitting up other people's shops? That was a new one for her, but to each their own! The mention of merchandise did remind her of something. "Now that you mention it, I have been meaning to get some new tuneage for the juke box," she said. "I'll stop by the shop later." The light glinted off her many piercings as she raised an eyebrow. So he was planning on sticking around then? Okay, that was unexpected... but she was good with that as long as Amidala was. She shot the redhead a questioning look, as if to ask if she was okay with it. "That's cool. Feel free to check out the tees and jewelry while you wait -" She gestured toward the display along the right wall. "-or you can chill in the lounge."

Dory's rainbow head whipped around as the bird call over the door sounded for the third time with in only a span of a few minutes. She smiled at the guy who walked in, but before she could offer help, he was flashing a badge and launched into his business. Well, this guy didn't waste any time, did he? Wow, the ministry must have a lot of spare time on their hands if they were sending law enforcement into people's shops over false artifacts... not that sh'ed say that out loud! So far, Dory wasn't too worried about the intrusion. Everything she sold was exactly what it said on the tin: tattoos, jewelry, and various apparel. "Could it be a street vendor you're looking for?" she asked. "Those dudes come and go so fast, it's hard to keep track of them, but I did see a sketchy-looking guy a few days ago." It would would help her put a face with a stand if she knew what kind of "fraudulent artifacts" they were talking about!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...