View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
natekka
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DIMC

Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jade Archer de Leon
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive Gracae-Ryans
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Clara Rider (née Wilde)
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Riley Archer de Leon
Mysteries
Little Fox | ½ of Lauralie | Ravenclaw with a Hufflepuff heart and a Gryffindor soul | #HouseNATARIANA

SPOILER!!: Matt and Orianne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Matt was still watching his surroundings when he spotted a girl coming straight to them. Oh goody, she was one of their dates! And whoa, she had proper LOADS of freckles! Like, loads. It was quite impressive, actually. Made her stand out in the crowd. Matt liked that.

He was still watching the girl closely, almost in awe - SO MANY FRECKLES!! - but he managed to give her a happy smile when she was close enough to introduce herself. He even stood up. See, he had manners unlike some people in the Ministry thought.

RILEY! "Hey, Riley! You're mine one then!" He pointed both of his thumbs at himself for emphasis, his signature cheeky grin on his face. Was that an awkward sentence? Matt didn't think it was. She WAS his date after all. Nothing awkward about that. "I'm great, thanks, how are you!? Yes, we're very excited, aren't we, mate?" He gave his fellow YATI a friendly slap on the shoulder. Riley seemed easy-going enough, Matt approved of that. It'd be easier to deal with Mr. Overly Serious over here. "I'm Matt and this is Ronan. We actually work together, can you believe it?" He said with a laugh. "Oh, here, I got you something." 'For the lols', he should've added. The former Gryffindor grabbed the box he had placed on the seat next to where he was sitting and handed it to Riley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
Nearly as soon as she’d submitted the application, Orianne had second guessed her decision to put herself back out there and date again. She knew Quinn wouldn’t have wanted her to mourn her forever, nearly as if the other girl was whispering it in her ear, but her death had made Orianne revert to her quiet persona again for a while. Aside from when she was singing, anyhow. Although opera didn’t require quite as much in the way of extroversion as most other of the performing arts. Either way, she’d nearly backed down when she’d gotten the owl about her date, but at the last minute she’d changed her mind yet again. One date didn’t mean anything. It was just a bit of fun.

Knowing she was probably later than she ought to have been, the blonde strolled into the bowling alley, still convincing herself she’d made the right decision inside her head up to the moment she’d arrived at the lane already containing the three others. “Bonjour,” she murmured, removing her sunglasses to reveal her green eyes, trying to determine which one was her date. Not that it particularly mattered either way, but she figured it’d help.

And then she’d heard the introductions from the one boy. That solved one riddle.

Almost immediately, she noticed him looking at her face - probably her freckles, let's be honest - but it didn't bother her. She was used to people staring. Sometimes they looked awed, sometimes...not so much, but she didn't let the judgy people get to her. In return, she looked him over. He was cute enough. As blind dates went, - and she had no previous experience in that department to compare to - they were off to a good start.

"'M ya one, am I?" Riley raised an eyebrow and laughed at his phrasing. "Good, yeah, I'm great." She paused. "Just so ya know, my cousin signed me up for this." She thought it best that he knew that she hadn't signed herself up looking for love. "'m willing to see how it goes, though," she added. She was an open person and that included being open to love. It just so happened that, in her twenty-one years, she was yet to experience it. Riley looked at the other guy, again trying to put his face and name to her Hogwarts' memories. "Ronan? Nice to meet ya." That name was vaguely familiar to her. "Oh, do ya? What are ya jobs?" She was genuinely curious. If they worked at the Ministry, she might see them around there.

"Oh," she said, surprised by his gift. "That's so random!" She laughed and inspected it. It appeared to be a duck on a bike. She hadn't thought to bring him anything. She would....bring her game and beat the other couple's bowling score, she decided. That could be her gift to him. Then, just as she was about to try the duck-on-a-bike out, the final member of their double date arrive. She seemed quiet...and French? Riley offered the woman an easy smile and introduced herself. "Hiya. 'm Riley." She then turned to Matt. It would probably be polite to let Ronan and the woman get acquainted. "Wanna get some food?" She didn't wanna bowl on an empty stomach.

You are Honey!