Thread: Law Enforcement: Office of Alexa Cambridge
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 11:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
She was nervous about it, truly, but Evangeline knew she was right for the job. It was a lot of work, but she could handle it. They were a bunch of overgrown children, but she could handle them. She would. Believing in herself had gotten her this far and it was going to continue to take her far. She was nervous, but she wasn't intimidated.

This was a step up the ladder. When she was younger, Evie had decided that she wanted to be an auror. Well, she had made it. She got her dream job. But the dreams didn't stop there. She wanted to keep going. This was another step.

She listened to her new boss and nodded. She needed to be tough, yes. Tough, fair, but also appreciative when they did well. When Alexa asked, Evangeline nodded. "It is. I can handle it."
It was no small task wrangling overly confident but under skilled children. A few of them had forgotten their places and lacked the discipline that the department typically demanded. Lex nodded once, pleased Shacklebolt wouldn’t he backing down despite the criteria she’d just outlined for her. Not backing down was a good sign. Those who were afraid of a little extra work were among her least favourite in all her years working in MLE.

“You’ll have to get them up to speed on expectations, acceptable behaviour, when to step up and when to step down. What ranking is and where they fall in the ranking. All that stuff. It’ll be your job to ensure that by the time they become Aurors, they aren’t the sort their partner would intentionally leave to die out in the field.” Otherwise they’d be permanently stuck on desk work being the liability that they would become and that was plainly a waste of resources.

“How do you plan to go about that and everything else I’ve listed.” Being willing was one thing, being capable was another. She wanted to ensure this one was both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
Giving a small nod, Ava then took a seat once the department head had asked her to. Okay, what now? But before she talked, Cambridge had gotten her personnel files and spread them across the table so she could look at them by herself. Yes, she didn't finish her third year which was the reason why this one right here came to see the department head.

"Nine months." The 21 year-old answered. She vividly remembered when her life sort of went downhill started from the end of September last year, then the diagnosis and decision to leave the country for some sort of mental health recovery. Since then Ava lost hope to be back at YATI because she had missed too much and was afraid not be able to catch up. After all, being an auror was her dream and she didn't want to give it up.

Nine? That was nearly the entire year. Just a little longer and they wouldn’t be here having this conversation. But they were here and it needed sorting. The situation here was a bit tricky. YATI was ongoing training, you had to be physically and mentally up to the tasks set before you. A break from that could potentially see skills slipping. This was the sort of occupation where your life quickly became centred around your work.

“Wish you’d have stuck out those last three months, I won’t lie, but I understand where it’s coming from.” Her own sister had taught her the severity of these sorts of situations and she herself had a little stake in there as well. It was the sort of thing you couldn’t entirely sweep under the rug and move on from when it struck.

“So here’s what we’ll do. You’ll train with the third year YATI but on an accelerated program, mostly to get your body back into the shape it needs to be. I won’t have you join the ranks then quickly fall out because of poor conditioning. You’ll begin the modules you never started and complete the ones you left in the middle of. That’s still more time on your hands than the average YATI so you’ll be helping Simon out with security when you’re not offsite for training. Any questions so far?” Before she continued.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.