Thread: Law Enforcement: Office of Alexa Cambridge
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 06:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Yes, Evie did understand. She liked being out in the field, working, running around, getting stuff done. Coming into the office wasn't bad work, but she could only handle so much before she needed to get back outside. So yes, she got it.

Now, onto business.

Honestly, Evangeline was having a little trouble remembering that Alexa was now her boss and not just her friend, and she needed very much to speak with professionalism... but she needed Alexa to understand as well. "To be honest... I don't think anyone does want to." Which meant that she didn't really want to, if she was being honest.

"I was a YATI once. They're cocky, they think they know it all. I was guilty of that too and sometimes I still am. I'll be honest, I don't know how much patience I'll have with them. But... I'll whip them into shape. If nothing else, I'm stubborn and I don't deal with people's.... crap. They'll respect me, they'll respect you and the department, or I'll push them until they do." And she wasn't going to accept anything else. Was that okay with her?
It was a well known admission. The fact Evie showed up to request the position was a small surprise in itself. Aurors were busy people. They were always on the go and always on edge with that constant vigilance. Most wouldn't have the patience to deal with essentially children; overgrown children who were just tall enough to graduate Hogwarts. It was like she'd said. they were cocky. More than that, they were reckless, loose at times. Tried to do more than they were trained or qualified for. Much like Shacklebolt, she'd also been guilty of that--dangerously so. Her higher ups had knocked her down several pegs and she was grateful for it, even if back then it made her blood boil in all the worst ways.

"I like that answer." It gave her less worries about the hands the future of the department might be left in. "There's been a lack of some of that in recent years." And it was noticeable.

"Here's the thing. They need the guidance, the firm discipline, someone to remind them what they are until they become something else. You won't disagree a few have either forgotten or never knew." And it was the reason most currently in the department didn't want the position.

Before she'd become Head Auror, she'd considered YATIL, just to puff up her qualifications....but even if Vivi didn't hold the position, looking back, she wasn't sure she'd have had the patience. Shacklebolt admitting she wasn't sure she did wasn't a deterrent, it was an honest assessment rather than a lie to gain position, which she appreciated. "You'll need to be tough when it's called for. Revoke privileges, set desk assignments, suspensions. You'll also need to be fair. Like them or not, reward when they're exceptional--not to spoil but to encourage." So not EVERY TIME but enough to keep morale. "Is this something you think you'd be able to do?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
Taking a deep breath, Ava stepped in entering the office once Cambridge had let her in. And now what? Right, she came here to talk about her future in this program and that's what she should say to the department head. It's not that difficult, was it? "Good morning.. Miss Cambridge." Or is it almost noon? Okay, it didn't really matter right? "I would like to talk about... my future in YATI program." The 21 year-old tried to not sound nervous while mentioning it.

Gulp.
Oh. Burton. She'd been expecting her, and sooner than later based on the subject that needed discussing. "Morning." Lex gestured her into one of the seats opposite her at the desk while she levitated a file over from her cabinet.

It took a bit of scrolling to find the documents she was looking for but when she found them and spread them across the table for them both to have a look.

"Finished the first year, finished the second year. The third is the one you had issues with." Rather than scroll through the entire document, she looked to the younger woman. "How much of your third year did you get through. Give me the months."

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.