View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 06:47 AM   #121 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Granger View Post
Jade smiled at the older Ravenclaw who approached her. She was eager to learn the spells, so that she would be able to do tasks by herself in class. She listened and watched as the girl explained how to cast the severing charm and demonstrated it on her own stick. Neat! "Okay! I'll try it on a piece of parchment first," she said, as she grabbed one from her bag and took out her wand. "Diffindo." Big V with a tail. The parchment was cut into half, but it looked like it was torn forcefully, not sliced neatly. "Diffindo," she said again, casting the spell on one of the halves. This time, the parchment was divided into two with sharp, straight edges. Oh yay! She grinned up at her tutor - did you see that??

"I think I'll try it on my stick now. Diffindo!" The first year said along with the correct wand movement, directing her wand towards the bottom of her long stick. The bottom bit was cut off so that the end of the stick was flat. "I did it! Can you also teach me the sticking charm?"
With her own stick cleanly sliced at the end, she watched her fellow Ravenclaw as she made a flat cut on the bottom of her stick. Hanna grinned, "Well done!" It was always, and would always be a triumph getting a spell right.

The next part was using the sticking charm so that the stick and rock were one. "Sure," she said. She heard someone using Adhaero, but decided to go with the permanent sticking charm, which was also the one she had the most experience with. Especially clothes and parchment. "I'm going to use the permanent sticking charm." She gathered her things to be with her, then aligned the stick in the middle of her rock. Her wand still in hand, she pointed it to the part where the stick touched the rock and said "Diutirnus affigo," as she gave her wand a small flick, touching the rock-stick contact point. She let go of the hand holding the stick, and it remained upright to her relief. "It's just Diutirnus affigo," not that they were the easiest of incantations, "And a small flick, pointing at what you want to stick together."

She ripped a small piece of parchment from one of her rolls, writing her name on it in black ink. She smoothed it out on the side of her rock, pointed her wand at it and cast the same permanent sticking charm on it to fix the parchment to the rock. She didn't want to scratch or blunt the quill she had in her bag by writing with it on the rock.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move