View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 11:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ginevra

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Dory smiled as she saw the way Daisy's eyes were shining. She didn't know why, but this girl reminded her a bit of herself at that age. "Thanks!" she said, beaming. "I wasn't much older than you when I got that tattoo; it was a reward for graduating Ilvermorny."

Turning her attention back to the cash register, she took the money Daisy handed her and began to carefully count it out.
She nodded in reply to the question. "Sure thing!" Out of the corner of her eye, she watched Daisy enter tur tattoo parlor; she soon followed.

With a flick of her wand, the sign on the door flipped around to read: Quiet, please! Inking in progress. Dory gently closed the door behind her, hoping any customers who came into the store would be considerate enough not to bang on the door while she was inside. Not that she disliked interacting with people - not at all! That was one of her favorite parts of the job. She just didn't want her concentration broken.

Dory smiled, gesturing toward the elevated chair in the middle of the room. "Sit there, and uncover the area you'd like your tattoo to go," she said, taking a seat in the smaller swivel chair. She pointed her wand at the cart across the room, and it rolled up to her. She opened a couple of drawers and pulled out some supplies: rubbing alcohol,
wipes, vaseline, and a small black pencil. "First, we clean the area; then when that dries I'll trace the outline of the design with this pencil. After that. a layer of vaseline goes on to help the needle glide. Sounds simple, huh?"

She waited a couple of minutes for Daisy to get situated before opening the alcohol. "Are you good to go? This might be a little cold..."
"My tattoo and piercing is a 16th birthday present for behaving myself during a tumultuous school term last year. There were some staff changes and it was horrible. A lot of mistreatment went on there."

Luckily, Daisy was wearing a sleeveless top and a pair of shorts and therefore the area she wanted to have a tattoo wasn't obscured by clothing. "I'd like to have my tattoo on my left shoulder, please," she informed Dory.

She listened to Dory explain the procedure and when she was asked if she was ready, Daisy gave a thumbs up.