Thread: Rubbish Bin
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
Mary didn't know what to do. She had accidentally pulled herself into a social situation. She wanted to defend the trash can girl, but was wordless. She sighed and stuttered out, "M..M..Mary."

Then with sudden courage, she said, "You're obviously making her uncomfortable. If you haven't noticed she is embarrassed!" It was unlike her, but she figured that if she was going to be ok at Hogwarts she was going to have to get used to being social.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
SPOILER!!: Mary + Chloe

First of all, Manon didn't understand why this Chloe girl sounded so invested in pirates. Did she want to be one of them, wear an eye patch and let a parrot perch on her shoulder? Was that where her interests lie? Second of all, Manon didn't have a sign on her that said she still wanted to keep talking about pirates, did she? Because she did not, and it was evident by the way she forced a small smile on her face that just ended up looking more like a grimace.

And yes, yes. She was from Hogwarts. They were classmates and it served her a sense of satisfaction that Chloe couldn't recall her name, just the way she wanted it, but it was fleeting because now Chloe was suggesting that she and the other girl (Mary, was it?) she had dragged into this was going to help Manon find whatever it was she had to find in the rubbish bin.

Um. "It's okay, I can—" The incoming third year Slytherin was just about to tell the both of them that she didn't need any help when Mary...said that. Not even letting her finish her sentence, not even letting her say her name.

Oh. Wow.

Did she look THAT pathetic?

Manon, in the moment, could only blink.

Chloe looked at them both for a moment, taken back by the younger girl. Two things went through her mind at that moment, 1 why was the girl her age acting so odd and 2 why on earth did the younger girl think she was embarrassed? She didn't look at all put out by any of it. Just not wanting to answer any questions.

"Well Mary, I'm glad you came over, it is good to meet new people." She smiled brightly at the younger girl and then turned to... to... "OH YES I REMEMBER! You are Manon! This is Manon, she is at Hogwarts with me, though she is in my brother's house." Gunnar would have known her name so much easier.

"I don't think she is embarrassed, she is just looking for something and I want to help. Two heads are better than one and it looked like an adventure that could be fun! I just got finished reading a book about pirates and was talking to her about it." It was a great book, maybe they could borrow it sometime.