Thread: Ecological: Office of Olly Emmons-Clarke
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 08:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lislchen

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Had Olly asked about her kids, Kat would not have minded and the blond wouldn't have taken it against the other woman for not knowing everything. Besides, it was only Olly's first year as department head and there was definitely still time to get to know the rest of the department. It was very much understandable. "Cassidy's seven while Kristopher's only four," she shared with a smile. "Time flies really fast." Even Kat herself missed the days when Cassie wasn't that loud yet, but alas... her daughter now was one growling little girl. Whether that was a good or a bad thing, the thirty-three year old didn't know either.

However, the former Head Girl was here for matters involving work. Perhaps they could talk more about being parents some other time. And it certainly didn't come as a shock, not entirely, when Olly offered her a promotion. "It would be my pleasure," Kat replied with an affirmative nod. It was a promotion after all, and that entailed benefits as well. Besides, Kat did enjoy casting spells here and there when it came to fieldwork within the enforcement division. This was an opportunity she wouldn't allow to slip away.
Two children then.

That had been a very clever question Olly had asked, seeing as now she knew both the children's age AND the number of children Kat had. "Do they get on?" They were so old already, compared to her own daughter. Not that she was comparing or anything. But honestly, it was a bit of a relief to know that she had fellow mothers working with her. Just in case they ever had any issues with Evie.

And frankly, she trusted Katrina enough to approach her about it, too.

Back to business, though. Olly smiled a little when the other woman accepted her promotion. "Yeah? I'm so glad to hear that." Again, of course it was a promotion so she hadn't truly expected her to decline but it had still been a possibility. The new position did give her more responsibility too which meant more paperwork and at times maybe even longer hours. "I think you'll do a wonderful job and I'm hoping to hire new people for your division soon, too. So maybe you can help me with that when the time comes." It sounded like a practical and logical way to do it in her ears at least.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}