Thread: Ecological: Office of Olly Emmons-Clarke
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lislchen

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
Default different TLs of course
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
With Olly's permission to fully enter the room, Kat slipped inside and quietly closed the door behind her. Olly's room was actually great and it was how Kat would have personally arranged things herself. Neat, minimalistic, comfy. Perhaps it was an effect of having kids of her own, who had an affinity for grabbing random things that would catch their attention. It was usually the colourfully patterned vases.

Oh, and that crib. It brought a tiny smile to Kat's face. "I remember when my kids used to sleep in cribs. Now, they're just very persistent about sleeping on their own beds," the former Slytherin shared. Such a tough stage in parenthood, to be frank. Cassidy was also quite adamant about choosing her own clothes. Anyhow, she wasn't here to talk about the motherly life with her new boss. "Is there any way I can be of assistance to you today, Olly?" Assuming that is why she was called to her office in the first place, at least. Kat didn't mind.
Olly REALLY needed to make more of an effort to know at least some things about her employees, she realized. How many children did Katrina have again? It was probably in her file somewhere but there was no way for her to consult it right now, so she simply smiled at the other woman. "Yeah. How old are yours now?" As for the crib though, Olly was both glad and extremely sad that it was usually empty.

Back to business, though. "Yeah." She gave a short nod as she leaned forward in her seat a little. "I want to promote you to Division Head for Enforcement." There was no point to beat around the bush. That was why she'd asked the woman in here after all. "If you feel like you're up to the task." Olly added after a short pause.

She didn't want Katrina to feel like she HAD to accept after all.

------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
Contrary to the Department Head's slight smile, Beatrice's was one that pulled taut at her facial muscles, a smile that could only be gracing her face when she was talking about something she was passionate about. In this case, it was babies. More specifically, hers and Olly's, and the woman was nothing short of excited. Even before she had Tamlin, she had always been uncritically fond of children. Babysitting her friends' kids was her usual weekend. She was even branded "baby crazy" by some.

So of course it was no wonder she had a wallet-sized photo album of her son, just a four-paged one but an album nonetheless, its edges appearing a little worn out from ALL the times she had flipped through it just to get through her day while he was away from her. "Here, look, this one's when I first got him," she said, pointing to the first leaf, one where she was carrying a bundle with a mop of dark hair, too small for his face to be fully distinguished. If Olly wondered about her choice of word - got, instead of gave birth to or any variation of it - then she would explain. She didn't keep it a secret from anyone, even to her own son, that he was adopted. But only if Olly asked.

Flipping to the next one, because she was animated like that, the brunette shifted on her seat to nudge closer to Olly, this time pointing another picture: one in which Tamlin was on a crawl, one chubby hand outstretched towards the camera, and sporting a huge toothless smile. He was too cute for his own good!

"And this one's when he was about seven months, probably about the same age your daughter is now. He had just started to learn how to crawl. Merlin, he was unstoppable. Is your daughter in that stage yet?"
A photo album, albeit just consisting of four photos but a photo album nonetheless. Olly was going to have to look at multiple photos of Beatrice's child. Oh well, she had agreed to it so here goes. She was going to smile at each of them and tell her how beautiful her son was. Because that was what you did. And it wasn't like the child WASN't beautiful or anything of course. He was quite cute she supposed.

In the back of her mind Olly did notice the fact that Beatrice referred to it as "got" the baby instead of "had" but she didn't question it. That was none of her business and it didn't make the baby any more or less of the other woman's baby either way. Instead she simply smiled down at the photo and nodded along to her words. "He's beautiful." And he was. He looked happy in the photos, too. That's mostly what made babies and children (and, frankly, people) beautiful in her eyes.

As for crawling. "No, not yet. She's only four months now." So not much crawling or independent movement happening just yet.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}