Thread: Trophy Room
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 05:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default No worries :)
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Oh, the Professor was doing research. Shaking his head of curls, "It's okay," Little Taddy didn't scare easily, luckily for him. At first he was confused about the researching part before he remembered that not all Professors attended this school before. "Ohhh, cool. What school did you go to before Professor?"

Tad looked up at the plaques again beaming with pride. "I'm kind of doing the same. My Dad was Head Boy and he and my grandpa were on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team before so I wanted to see the records at last." And they didn't disappoint. He grinned at the thought of being recorded. "That would be awesome. My mum says it's not the end of the world if I don't end up engraved up there, but I'm gonna try anyway." Even if he had to carve his name up there himself.. Not that anyone would know of this plan, heh.

"Did they have stuff like this back at your former school, Professor?"
Foster continued to glance back at the trophies as young Mr. Potter spoke. At the school question, he looked over and smile. "I had the honor of attending Ilvermorny. Not only did I spend my school years there, I also spend several years as their Arithmancy professor before coming to teach at Hogwarts."

He nodded as the young man spoke. "It sounds as if you come from a long line of exceptional wizards. I have full confidence that you will follow in their footsteps, as long as you apply yourself." He slipped his notepad in his pocket. "I'm going to tell you a little secret. While it is exciting to see your name on a trophy, the real reward is knowing you did your best, no matter what obstacles are put in your path. Don't ever give up and don't ever let someone tell you that you aren't good enough." Mr. Potter's mother seemed to be a wise woman.

To answer Mr. Potter's question, Foster slowly nodded. "There are trophies at Ilvermorny. I even have my name on a few, although they aren't quite as exciting as the quidditch trophies." He leaned in to get a closer look at one of the names in front of him. "No, I was never gifted in flying. I chose to stay on the ground at compete in quiz bowl championships." Which reminded him that he needed to have a chat with Joshua about the quiz bowl team and getting them to their next competition.

"Are you keeping up in your classes? That's going to be important, especially if you wish to find yourself as a prefect or head boy."