View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 11:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
MunchyBubbles

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Default Various mentions in here, If I’ve missed someone, please poke me.
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

SPOILER!!: Conley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
It was nice to be back at work. Granted, social events were usually boring, not to mention long. But Conley was used to them. At least he wasn’t at home. Alone. He really should get a pet or something to keep him company.

Dressed in navy dress robes with a silver tie, Conley wandered slowly around the room with a glass of Burgundy in his hand. Occasionally, he’d raise it to his lips, but usually the action was mimed and he didn’t take a sip. It never did any good to loose one’s wits when at work. And frankly, Conley took the outlook that he was always at work.

The new Minister was busy mingling which was good. So far, he looked 200% better than Nickels. That being said, Conley wasn’t sure if he was willing to let his guard down yet. He had been very busy in the last couple of months dealing with the fallout from other nations regarding Nickels’ incompetencies and frankly, he never wanted to have to deal with anything like that again.

His wanderings brought him near a young man. Conley paused, sensing a kindred spirit. He seemed to be looking at the drinks table. “The Burgundy isn’t bad,” he suggested, bringing his own glass to his lips and actually taking a sip this time, as if to demonstrate his opinion of the wine.

The room was getting more and more crowded which meant Cole was getting more and more uncomfortable as the minutes ticked on. Even despite the glass of wine in his hand and even the few sips he had taken, gatherings were very much not his thing and at the moment he was trying to see if he could edge his way to the back of the room and perhaps move away from the crush of people.

Of course he greeted the new Minister with a soft hello and a smile, having already met the man earlier he didn’t feel the need to fully converse, though a soft “I shall try the sandwiches.” was sent the ministers way before the man was on his way and Cole was trying to breathe a sigh of relief.

A nod was sent to his co-head as she appeared and he tried to muster up a little smile, but instead the tall blonde man just managed a gentle raising of the corner of one side of his mouth. “Olly.” He said softly as he looked away for a moment onto to be greeted by someone else. “It’s nice to meet you Alexa Cambridge I’m Cole Kennedy.” His voice was soft and quiet as he returned her form handshake, with a nod he excused himself and departed over to the wine once more to catch his breath.

His wife had always been so much better at these things and it was easy to stand next to her and to let her do the talking, now though, he was alone.

Not for long it seemed as someone else had come up to him. “Is it? I’ll have to try, I’m enjoying some Chardonnay at the moment. ” He said softly.