View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 03:09 AM   #41 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Fletcher View Post

Again, he would not indulge in the defiance and draw it out any further than it had already gone. There would be ample time in detention to get things squared away that wouldn’t remove his time and attention from the work he was trying to do this afternoon. You fortfeit your necklace the moment you wore it, Ms. Gladin. You have no one to blame for the consequence of your actions but yourself. You’re well aware it’s a violation and wore it all the same. Welcome to the real world where there are consequences. Come collect a bow and quiver of arrows. Like Ms. McKinley, I won’t be telling you again.”

It was mind blowing just how il-formed the brain of some teenagers could still be. Breaking rules with no anticipation for the results of that. It would be one thing if the child knew or expected something of this degree but an entirely different thing entirely when said student believed she was in the right for disobedience.

Actions = consequences. This was still a school last he checked.

"But WHY is it even a rule to begin with?"
Nettie asked. She knew she continued to poke the bear, but she wanted to keep this up as long as she could before he completely blew his top. She spotted the older Slytherin girl looking her way, but it seemed that she had decided to forfeit her fight. Nettie knew she probably should throw in the towel as well but...nope. Not done. Not quite yet. Her best hope at this point was that he would chalk up her constant questioning to her Ravenclaw curiosity.

"What has anyone's jewelry ever done to anyone?" she asked. She didn't expect him to answer, but her point remained the same. She could understand why the Headmaster thought running in the morning would build up some sort of strength in them. She could see not having PDA in the halls. But having their stuff taken for no reason? It was just getting ridiculous. This wasn't a school, it was a prison, and they were being punished despite having done nothing wrong. "In fact, why are WE all being treated like we did something wrong with these rules? Headmistress Hawthrone was the one who screwed up last term...not us, she said with a shrug. Perhaps it was the idea that they should be grateful that they came in and got rid of Hawthrone, like they were some sort of saviors or something.

Ok, her point had been made. Or so she hoped. She was sure nothing would get through Fletcher's thick brain, but she had gotten it off her chest and that made her feel a LOT better - even if he was going to lay down the hammer on her. She had prepared herself for it. Hopefully her classmates would see the ridiculousness in all of this as well. If she was the only one standing up to them, along with the Slytherin girl, they wouldn't get ANYWHERE.

So, she finally shut her mouth and got up, moodily walking over and roughly taking a bow and arrow back to her spot.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid