View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 01:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

General
  • How do I make a FanFiction?
    Please see our handy step-by-step instructions for the Sugar Quills Display and Bertie Bott’s Challenge Area. The requirements are somewhat different, so read them carefully. Also keep in mind to backup your work! We encourage you NOT to write your chapter straight onto SS, in case your work is lost (refreshing, accidentally quitting your tab, website issues etc.)
  • How long can my FanFiction or Drabble thread remain open before it’s sent to the Cellar or the Bean Collection?
    To keep your thread active, you need to post an update in your drabble thread within three months, and a story update within six months. However, if you know you will be away on holiday etc. and wish for your thread to remain open during this time, please give us the heads up in this thread, including the date you anticipate returning/updating, and we will keep it open for you.
  • What do I do when I finish a FanFiction?
    Well done! We ask that you post ‘The End’ at the end of your final entry, which lets your readers know you’re finished, and also us mods. Then let us know in this thread that you’ve finished your story, and we will put it on display in our Register, as well as give you all the fancy kudos in our Hall of Fame.
  • How do I reactivate my thread?
    Post here, with a link to your thread, and we will get to it as soon as we can!
  • How long does it take to validate a thread?
    It depends. We try and get threads validated within a few hours to a few days. If your thread has still not been validated within a week of you posting, PM one of us. Please keep in mind that we have other responsibilities outside of Honeydukes and often life can make us busy unexpectedly. A side note - when you submit your thread, you will not see it! That doesn’t mean it didn’t submit properly. All threads requiring approval are invisible until approved.
  • How can I tell if my thread has been approved?
    Easiest way to tell is to see if it has appeared in the specific areas - Sugar Quills Display, or Bertie Bott’s Challenge Area.
  • How can I tell if my thread has NOT been approved?
    One of the Honeydukes moderators will be in touch via PM. It might be something like a rating or credit disclaimer not being included (in which case we might approve it and ask for you to edit these in), it might not include any story (your first post MUST include your first chapter, not an outline, a chapter), or break rules. If it’s a case of incorrect rating, we can let you know and fix this (eg. you put a low rating, but include themes only appropriate for Mature fiction), but if it includes any topics inappropriate for SS your fiction will not be approved and you may be given a warning or infraction. Other issues that may stop your thread being approved is poor basic grammar, too many spelling errors, not enough in your first chapter, etc. If this happens, we will let you know and encourage you to fix whatever it is and re-submit.
  • What if the moderators don’t find my story interesting?
    Don’t worry! We read your story to ensure it is appropriate, and whether we enjoy your story or not will not dictate approval of your story. Someone is sure to enjoy it, though!
  • How do I put links in?
    Look back over the Submission guidelines for the area you’re posting in, alternatively have a look through some of the BB Code formats.
  • Can I change the title of my fiction?
    You can, request it here and one of the Honeydukes moderators will get to it.
  • Can I write about other SSRPG characters that aren’t mine?
    It depends. You must have permission from the member, and you must credit them. It also depends on how you wish to write about them. Mentioning them is generally okay (example, mentioning a Professor, being in their class, talking about what happened in the class etc.), but it should be from your character’s point of view.
  • I’m a bit confused about the differences in some of the ratings.
    The easiest way to think of it is ‘what would a 5/9/13/16-year-old be doing?’ regarding romantic, violent, and mature situations.
  • I don’t know if my story is inappropriate or not/I don’t know if a section of my story is inappropriate.
    Either play it safe and edit the unsure parts out, or you can PM one of the Honeydukes moderators the part you’re unsure about (maybe not the whole chapter).
  • How do I leave comments on a finished Fan Fiction?
    You can’t, unfortunately. However, you can contact the author via a PM or VM!
  • I have a suggestion for a new Game/Thread/Genre for the Chocolate Frog Corner, what do I do?
    That's awesome! Just PM one of our Honeydukes moderators, or here, and we will discuss it.
  • What if I have any other questions?
    Please ask here!

What do I do if... (other members)
  • Someone else has accused me of copying their story!
    Keep in mind that all fiction in Honeydukes revolves in some way around the universe created by J. K. Rowling. There will be similar themes, often the same characters (if Canon), settings etc. As stated in the Honeydukes, and SS Site Wide rules, Plagiarism is not tolerated. Your story must be 100% of your own creativity within the Harry Potter/SSRPG world, and not copied from someone else’s fiction. If this issue comes up, we ask that you PM the Honeydukes moderators (see above), explain the situation, and we will try and rectify the situation.
  • Someone has plagiarised my work!
    PM one of the Honeydukes moderators and we will work with you, and the other member, to figure it out.
  • Someone has started a discussion/chat in my thread!
    PM one of the Honeydukes moderators and we will take care of it.
  • Someone is being mean/rude!
    Please PM one of the Honeydukes moderators and we will take care of it.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes

Last edited by Jessiqua; 01-29-2020 at 12:03 AM.