View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 03:46 AM   #42 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

presents

Hogwarts Hoard to Headline New Exhibition
January, 2096
by: Opal Mainwaring

The Scottish National Museum for Wizarding Artefacts announced a major new exhibition today, A Brief History of Wizarding Scotland, opening in Edinburgh on 1st August 2096. Dr. Agnes Pike, curator of the exhibition, explained to the Prophet how it will take visitors on a journey from prehistory right up to the current day. “The Wizarding community has a long and varied history in Scotland, with multiple periods of persecution and acceptance,” she told me as we wandered through the new space. “This exhibit will invite visitors to reconnect with that past, weaving the narrative into the broader landscape of history both Muggle and magical.”

The centerpiece of the exhibition will be the recently discovered ‘Hogwarts Hoard,’ found by students on a field trip in the Great Lake, displayed alongside a stunning 10th-century tapestry from the museum’s collection. The tapestry was found just 30 miles south of Hogwarts castle and illustrates a wizard and Vikings in talks, looted treasures, and a battle with the Scots. After close inspection of both the tapestry and the hoard side-by-side, experts believe the treasure depicted and hoard discovered at Hogwarts are one and the same, suggesting it tells the story of how the hoard came to be hidden. “It really blew us away when we realized the significance of the two pieces together,” said Dr. Pike. “What a once in a lifetime discovery.”

Before headlining the exhibition though, both the tapestry and treasure will be headed to Hogwarts for the remainder of the academic year, as stipulated by Headmistress Regina Hawthorne in the loan agreement. “I couldn’t help but request that the hoard be temporarily returned to the school with the accompanying tapestry. When Dr. Pike owled me, I instantly saw this as an amazing learning opportunity. I want the students to have an opportunity to thoroughly examine these artifacts, interpret history, and really appreciate the significance of what they found.”