View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 06:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pucki
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year

SPOILER!!: Night and Emmalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionegold View Post
Sure, Night loved airplanes, but being in the air just seemed so unnatural.

She decided to answer Emmalyn first. "Sports aren't really my thing. I prefer reading, I guess, and I don't know--" now she addressed Shera "I don't want to be in the open air where anything could happen and I'm not surrounded by anything. I love airplanes though," Would those be something else Shera didn't know about from the Muggle world?

"If I were to try out for the Quidditch team, though, I'd try for Chaser. Or....is there an audition for commentator? I'd love to do that."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Emmalyn was glad to have her friends together and learning so much about each other. "The wii is a game system. You put more little round discs in it that look like the DVDs, but they have games on them instead of movies." she told Shera as she pointed to the area of the room with the games.

She smiled brightly when Shera said she was also trying out for her house team. "That's great! I hope you get a spot. What position are you hoping for? I think I'd like to be a keeper, but even making the reserve team would be fantastic being a first year."

Looking back to Night "I guess I like sports so much because I've grown up playing them. My parents always had me in sports since I started walking." she shook her head. "I do see how you would feel uncomfortable on a broom. It is a strange feeling, no seat belt or anything up there."

Emmalyn suddenly clapped her hand together and asked "So, what do you all feel like doing? Should we stay here and play a game, watch a movie, or maybe track down something else to do?"

Shera nodded towards Night understandingly.

"I've always wanted to fly on a plane. It's pretty cool that muggles have also developed a way to fly... but thats more like Floo for us I think? Because I think most people fly for fun these days," she mused aloud. The lonely reason she knew what aeroplanes were, was because she knew that you were meant to avoid flying high enough to catch the attention of planes.

Head tilted to the side for a moment. "Um... I don't know whether or not they have auditions for being the commentator... you might be able to talk to the headmistress or to the flying instructor?" Because Shera was going to completely support EVERYONE in getting involved with Quidditch. Then she turned her attention back towards Emmalyn. "Good luck! I think I'd prefer Chaser or Beater?" she knew she'd already said good luck but she was really hoping that her friend made the team!

The wii was like a movie but it was a game. "So you can interact with it unlike in the movie? And how do you play?" this was an entirely new world that Emmalyn and Night were introducing to her. And it was very intriguing.

And what should they do? "I'll leave that up to both of you to decide," she was going to learn a lot no matter what they did!