View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Birchwoodmom

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

SPOILER!!: Shera and Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionegold View Post
It wasn't that Night had been trying to listen in on the conversation between Emmalyn and the Ravenclaw she didn't know, but when she discovered the entertainment room, she just wanted to find a Wii and a way to get some exercise that didn't take place in the air.

Honestly, though, Night was intrigued. So much culture sharing, and so many perspectives she'd never even considered. Wizards who kept technology, wizards who didn't even understand basic computer stuff like Google....and then there was the wizard games the other girl had mentioned. She couldn't help herself. "What's exploding snap?" she asked, forgetting momentarily that she hadn't been a part of the conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucki View Post
SPOILER!!: Emmalyn and Night

Shera's brain was racing.

So computer was a muggle version of a library, a movies and tv shows were plays that varied in length like novels and books and were stored on D V Ds? She could remember that, couldn't she? Although she was increasingly intrigued and also worried about her muggle studies class. More than she had ever thought she would be.

What made the tent magical? "Most of them have enchantments on them which make them bigger on the inside, and they can have multiple rooms and furniture in them. Like my family has one that looks like it's about 3 steps wide, but it actually has six bedrooms, a kitchen and a living area so the whole family can stay in it." By whole family she meant literally her whole family. Grandparents, parents, brother, cousins. Everyone.

It happened every time they went to watch a Quidditch or Quodpot tournament.

Now on to Wizards chess. "I think it's the same as muggle chess? Except, the pieces are enchanted to move by themselves when you tell them where to go... oh, and they destroy each other when they're taken."

iPod? How many weird words existed in the muggle world. And it held thousands of songs? Shera could barely believe it, but she did look at the other girl sympathetically. She understood missing home, but at the same time she still had everything available to her that she would have at home so it would be so much worse for Emmalyn. "I'm sure if you ask the Muggle Studies professor in advance they won't have a problem with it?"

And another girl was there?

How had Shera not noticed? But at least she heard the question she asked and quickly responded, "So it depends on which version you play? In all of them the cards can explode. If you play the normal version it's just like... muggle snap? Except they shuffle themselves and you have to tap the identical pair with a wand when you see them. The cards start shuffling faster over time... Ummm.... I'm not really good at playing Patience but I think you get like... twenty cards? And then you flip two over at a time and try to find pairs, but they can explode if you don't find pairs. And then there's the Bavarian Rules..."

She paused for dramatic effect, a giant grin on her face as she looked at the two other girls. Because this was the fun version, and definitely Shera's favourite. "Cards are dealt in a circle, and the pair is in the middle. If you don't tap the pair quickly enough they explode."

Then she remembered that she didn't even know the other girl. My name's Shera by the way, what's yours?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionegold View Post
Night loved the idea of this game. "I'm Night. I really just came here to check out the Wii and exercise bikes. I'm not really a fan of Quidditch, or flying really, but I can't stop myself with the food here. It was almost as good as a home cooked meal. But Night wouldn't think of anything her family made, because it made her too homesick.

"That's a really pretty name, Shera," Night said.

There were so many things she didn't know. So many seemly simple, every day magical items that she never new existed. She wondered how she would ever catch up to the other students at Hogwarts.

Wizards chess, she would have to play the game and soon. Magical tents didn't sound as exciting. She would love to see one, but it still sounded like a tent, just big and more like an RV.

"I think I will ask the professor about borrowing one for the night. I don't want to get into trouble and I sure don't want to lose any house points." She gently placed the Ipod back on the table, making a mental note to stop by the professors office on her way back to the Hufflepuff dorm. Just as she sat the Ipod ont the table, Night walked in. "Hey Night! How are you?" She greeted then quickly turned back to Shera, "Yes, please do explain exploding Snap."

Emmalyn took in every word of Shera's game explanation. It all sounded so fascinating to her. Exploding cards, quick moves, self shuffling cards. Emmalyn was up for playing that game as well. "But, if the cards explode, how do you get new cards? Do they come back when the game is finished?"

She turned her attention back to Night. "Yes, the food here is wonderful. I've never had so much food at each meal." She rubbed her belly that still felt full from that mornings breakfast. "You don't like sports? I'm trying out for the house Quidditch team. I don't know how much of a chance I have, being a first year and all, but I would love to be a part of the team."