Thread: Mingling Area
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Too lazy for quotes but everybody! ^_^
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Gaston was already berating himself for crashing into the other man (Zander), but he felt even worse about it when he saw he'd caused him to spill his soda. He couldn't believe he'd been that careless! He set his coffee down on the nearest table and pulled out his wand to help clean up, but the other guy had already beat him to it. "Here, I'll get you another one..." he said, offering him another lemon-lime soda. It was the least he could do after the trouble he'd caused!

He nervously ran a hand through his dark hair, causing it to stick up. "Again, I'm so sorry! I was paying more attention to my daughter than the path in front of me," he said, gesturing toward the two-way mirror in his hand. The black-haired, blue-eyed baby in the mirror apparently thought the whole scene was pretty funny! She smiled and flailed her arms about, making little gurgling noises... as if she was trying to laugh but didn't know how. "Yes, Desiree. Daddy's silly, isn't he?"

He turned his attention back to the other man, just in time to hear him say his name was Zander. "Nice to meet you, Zander... though I wish I'd made a better first impression," he said sheepishly. "I'm Gaston Marchand." Blink, blink. The question caught him by surprise. "Yes, of course. I'm fine-" He suddenly had to stifle a yawn. "- just tired. I suppose I'm still adjusting to being a professor and a father."

Gaston's head whipped around at the sound of an unfamiliar voice,and he gave the woman (Puck) a big smile. One of the fastest ways to get on his good side was to say something kind about his family! "Hello - and thank you!" he said, beaming. He turned his attention back to the mirror. "Say 'hi' to the nice people, Desiree." He wasn't sure how his baby daughter would react to all these strangers around. for a moment, he half-expected her to cry, but she just tilted her head and made a confused noise. His eyes widened in concern as he saw the way the woman was looking at his daughter. "Is everything okay, Miss...?"

Well, this conversation took an unexpected turn! He took a step back as Puck and Zander talked, suddenly feeling as if he were intruding on something private. His eyes scanned the area, and he saw Kalen and a woman he didn't know (Dora). He returned Kalen's smile and waved back at him, momentarily forgetting about the two-way mirror still in his hand. Well, he supposed that was one way to show off his daughter!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...